Video Gamer Play // Assassin’s Creed 3 director: “I’d tea...
Assassin’s Creed 3 director: “I’d tear up the game’s opening now”
Spurred by last week’s announcement of an Assassin’s Creed 3 remaster, the game’s director Alex Hutchinson has reflected on what he would change – and keep the same – if he made the game now. One of the biggest changes? That six-hour opening prologue.
Assassin’s Creed 3 opens with a big surprise – that you do not initially play as Connor, the character on the front of the game’s box, but his father Haytham. You’re not even initially in America, either. What follows is a slightly overlong but genuinely surprising opening – but one some feel holds the rest of the game up. It’s something Hutchinson now agrees with:
“We should have broken up Haytham’s intro into chunks and interspersed them throughout the game to get to Connor faster,” he wrote in a lengthy thread on Twitter. “The shock reveal of another playable character was great, but the start was too slow.”
- Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm March 24, 2019
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds wants you to celebrate its second anniversary with this free in-game item March 24, 2019
- One more character will drop before the end of Apex Legends’ first battle pass season March 24, 2019
- Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about the control scheme March 24, 2019
- Is The Division 2 sending secret messages via flashing lights and Morse code? March 24, 2019
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is already Steam’s fourth most-played game March 24, 2019
- Death Stranding hits a “critical phase” as Kojima plays the game “every day” on PS4 March 24, 2019
- Uncanny games with hidden rooms March 24, 2019
- In-game tributes paid to “amazing” Minecraft server owner who died of cancer March 23, 2019
- Five months after launch, Super Mario Party finally gets its first update March 23, 2019