Video Gamer Play // Assassin’s Creed 3 director: “I’d tea...
Assassin’s Creed 3 director: “I’d tear up the game’s opening now”
Spurred by last week’s announcement of an Assassin’s Creed 3 remaster, the game’s director Alex Hutchinson has reflected on what he would change – and keep the same – if he made the game now. One of the biggest changes? That six-hour opening prologue.
Assassin’s Creed 3 opens with a big surprise – that you do not initially play as Connor, the character on the front of the game’s box, but his father Haytham. You’re not even initially in America, either. What follows is a slightly overlong but genuinely surprising opening – but one some feel holds the rest of the game up. It’s something Hutchinson now agrees with:
“We should have broken up Haytham’s intro into chunks and interspersed them throughout the game to get to Connor faster,” he wrote in a lengthy thread on Twitter. “The shock reveal of another playable character was great, but the start was too slow.”
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018