Video Gamer Play // Assassin’s Creed 3 director: “I’d tea...
Assassin’s Creed 3 director: “I’d tear up the game’s opening now”
Spurred by last week’s announcement of an Assassin’s Creed 3 remaster, the game’s director Alex Hutchinson has reflected on what he would change – and keep the same – if he made the game now. One of the biggest changes? That six-hour opening prologue.
Assassin’s Creed 3 opens with a big surprise – that you do not initially play as Connor, the character on the front of the game’s box, but his father Haytham. You’re not even initially in America, either. What follows is a slightly overlong but genuinely surprising opening – but one some feel holds the rest of the game up. It’s something Hutchinson now agrees with:
“We should have broken up Haytham’s intro into chunks and interspersed them throughout the game to get to Connor faster,” he wrote in a lengthy thread on Twitter. “The shock reveal of another playable character was great, but the start was too slow.”
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019