Video Gamer Play // Blizzard confirms troll-themed Rastakhan’s Rumble...
Blizzard confirms troll-themed Rastakhan’s Rumble as next Hearthstone expansion
Following that unfortunate leaky appendage incident earlier today, Blizzard has confirmed that Hearthstone’s next expansion will indeed be Rastakhan’s Rumble – and it’s due to launch on PC and mobile on December 4th.
Rastakhan’s Rumble features 135 new cards (some of which have already been revealed), plus a variety of new mechanics – and Blizzard sets its scene thusly: “Once per generation, the troll tribes of Azeroth make a pilgrimage at King Rastakhan’s behest to participate in a no-holds-barred smackdown for the ages. This year, nine teams have formed around their mightiest combatants-Legendary Troll Champions who each represent a Hearthstone class.”
These teams have access to new Legendary minions which, in lore terms, are manifestations of the ancient Loa worshipped by the trolls. Also new are Spirits, class-specific minions that, according to Blizzard, all have “impressive effects that synergize with the Loa”. There’s also the new Overkill mechanic, that rewards players for dealing excess damage to enemy minions. Rastakhan’s Rumble even gets its own (extremely catchy) song:
- Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm March 24, 2019
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds wants you to celebrate its second anniversary with this free in-game item March 24, 2019
- One more character will drop before the end of Apex Legends’ first battle pass season March 24, 2019
- Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about the control scheme March 24, 2019
- Is The Division 2 sending secret messages via flashing lights and Morse code? March 24, 2019
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is already Steam’s fourth most-played game March 24, 2019
- Death Stranding hits a “critical phase” as Kojima plays the game “every day” on PS4 March 24, 2019
- Uncanny games with hidden rooms March 24, 2019
- In-game tributes paid to “amazing” Minecraft server owner who died of cancer March 23, 2019
- Five months after launch, Super Mario Party finally gets its first update March 23, 2019