Video Gamer Play // Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real m...
Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm
Blizzard has removed the ability to purchase randomised loot boxes with real-life money from its MOBA, Heroes of the Storm.
The latest private test server patch notes (thanks, RPS) don’t go into much detail and simply state: “Loot chests are no longer available for Gem purchase. Rare loot chests are now available for Gold purchase (3000 each)”.
There’s an assortment of in-game currency types in Heroes of the Storm, but Gems are the only ones you can buy with real-life money. So while you’ll still be able to spend your real life cash to buy Gems and purchase Heroes, Bundles, Stimpacks, and Featured Items, you’ll only be able to buy randomised loot boxes with in-game currency.
- A farewell to Arms – Nintendo’s fighting game wraps up June 17, 2019
- Gamesplanet’s SEGA sale offers up to 75% off Bayonetta, Two Point Hospital and more June 17, 2019
- Carrion is disgusting and I want to play it again immediately June 17, 2019
- Genesis is to Darksiders what Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light was to Tomb Raider June 17, 2019
- Meet the amputee who cosplayed Apex Legends’ Octane at EA Play June 17, 2019
- The Secret of Mana and the art of a good box June 17, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 gets a ranked mode tomorrow June 17, 2019
- Expand your Nintendo Switch storage with a 256GB SD card for just £24.99 June 17, 2019
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019