Video Gamer Play // Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real m...
Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm
Blizzard has removed the ability to purchase randomised loot boxes with real-life money from its MOBA, Heroes of the Storm.
The latest private test server patch notes (thanks, RPS) don’t go into much detail and simply state: “Loot chests are no longer available for Gem purchase. Rare loot chests are now available for Gold purchase (3000 each)”.
There’s an assortment of in-game currency types in Heroes of the Storm, but Gems are the only ones you can buy with real-life money. So while you’ll still be able to spend your real life cash to buy Gems and purchase Heroes, Bundles, Stimpacks, and Featured Items, you’ll only be able to buy randomised loot boxes with in-game currency.
- Spider-Man PS4 dev reveals cool Easter egg no-one noticed April 20, 2019
- Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating April 20, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity April 20, 2019
- Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn’t reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect April 20, 2019
- Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken April 20, 2019
- Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages April 20, 2019
- The mysterious world of Las Meninas April 20, 2019
- Falcon Age and Stranger’s Wrath: animals go to war April 19, 2019
- After 11 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019
- After nearly 12 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019