Video Gamer Play // Brooding co-operative action-RPG Ashen will be out by t...
Brooding co-operative action-RPG Ashen will be out by the end of this year, says dev
Developer Aurora44 has confirmed that its long-awaited co-operative action-RPG, Ashen, is still due to launch on Xbox One and PC before 2018 is through – despite the lack of release date news so close to the end of the year.
Ashen – a game that was first revealed during the Xbox E3 media briefing in 2015 – has been loosely pencilled in for a 2018 release for a while now, but time has continued to tick on with little further word from Aurora44, leading some to wonder if plans had changed. However, in a recent tweet, the developer confirmed that things are still on schedule – which means we can narrow its launch down to one of the only two remaining months (and a bit) of the year.
The last significant look we got at Ashen – at its stylish fantasy aesthetic, its stamina-based melee combat, and its brooding, open world setting – was at this year’s Gamescom and, joyously, it was (as you can see in the video below) still looking pretty swell.
- Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm March 24, 2019
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds wants you to celebrate its second anniversary with this free in-game item March 24, 2019
- One more character will drop before the end of Apex Legends’ first battle pass season March 24, 2019
- Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about the control scheme March 24, 2019
- Is The Division 2 sending secret messages via flashing lights and Morse code? March 24, 2019
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is already Steam’s fourth most-played game March 24, 2019
- Death Stranding hits a “critical phase” as Kojima plays the game “every day” on PS4 March 24, 2019
- Uncanny games with hidden rooms March 24, 2019
- In-game tributes paid to “amazing” Minecraft server owner who died of cancer March 23, 2019
- Five months after launch, Super Mario Party finally gets its first update March 23, 2019