Video Gamer Play // Brooding co-operative action-RPG Ashen will be out by t...
Brooding co-operative action-RPG Ashen will be out by the end of this year, says dev
Developer Aurora44 has confirmed that its long-awaited co-operative action-RPG, Ashen, is still due to launch on Xbox One and PC before 2018 is through – despite the lack of release date news so close to the end of the year.
Ashen – a game that was first revealed during the Xbox E3 media briefing in 2015 – has been loosely pencilled in for a 2018 release for a while now, but time has continued to tick on with little further word from Aurora44, leading some to wonder if plans had changed. However, in a recent tweet, the developer confirmed that things are still on schedule – which means we can narrow its launch down to one of the only two remaining months (and a bit) of the year.
The last significant look we got at Ashen – at its stylish fantasy aesthetic, its stamina-based melee combat, and its brooding, open world setting – was at this year’s Gamescom and, joyously, it was (as you can see in the video below) still looking pretty swell.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019