Video Gamer Play // DayZ finally leaves early access next week on PC
DayZ finally leaves early access next week on PC
Bohemia Interactive has announced that the PC version of its long-in-development online zombie survival game DayZ will leave early access and launch in its 1.0 guise next week, on December 13th.
It’s been a lengthy journey for DayZ, of course; the game started life as a fan-made mod for Bohemia’s Arma 2 in 2012, and was an almost immediate hit, reaching one million players in the first four months of its release. As a result of its popularity, Bohemia made the decision take on the project in an official capacity, and early access development of a standalone version, with original creator Dean Hall at the helm, began in 2013.
Since then, much has changed; Hall left the project to start his own studio in 2014, and the originally PC-only game is now available as part of Xbox One’s Game Preview programme, with a PS4 release also planned. After years of seemingly glacial development progress, DayZ eventually entered beta in November, with a full release pencilled in for the end of 2018.
- Overwatch’s next hero is “eccentric astrophysicist” Sigma July 22, 2019
- It looks like Anthem’s long-awaited Cataclysm event is finally almost here July 22, 2019
- Nintendo faces Switch Joy-Con drift class action lawsuit July 22, 2019
- Yooka-Laylee sequel shows off its transforming level tech July 22, 2019
- Astral Chain could be Platinum’s most out there game yet July 22, 2019
- Indie FMV game Headspun has a release date for console and PC July 22, 2019
- EA quietly begins what looks like a Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 3 alpha July 22, 2019
- Two active F1 drivers just won iRacing’s Spa 24 July 22, 2019
- Splatoon 2’s final Splatfest sees chaos reign July 22, 2019
- Snack Hacks, a cookbook for people who like games, is a strange delight July 22, 2019