Video Gamer Play // Dead Cells’ big free Rise of the Giant DLC update...
Dead Cells’ big free Rise of the Giant DLC update is heading to Switch next week
Dead Cells fans impatiently awaiting the arrival of the game’s massive free Rise of the Giant DLC on Switch, following its PC release in March, may now unclench: developer Motion Twin has confirmed via a post to the console’s News channel, that it’s coming next week, on 23rd May.
Rise of the Giant, for those that haven’t been staying abreast of Dead Cells developments, is a bit of a whopper, expanding on the dungeon-crawling rogue-like’s unflappably excellent core in a multitude of ways. Fire up the game after the free update and you’ll be treated to two new areas and bosses, ten new enemies, three new skills (including a flying pet), ten new weapons (such as the Giant Killer and Boï Axe), and a new Skinning system.
The latter enables players to spruce up the game’s flame-headed protagonist with a choice of 50 outfits, unlocked by acquiring blueprints from fallen foes and elsewhere.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019