Video Gamer Play // December’s PlayStation Plus games include SOMA an...
December’s PlayStation Plus games include SOMA and Onrush
Sony has announced its final batch of PlayStation Plus games for 2018 – and while it’s short on triple-A showstoppers, there’s a fine selection of titles to be found, including Frictional Games’ existential horror SOMA and on superb racer Onrush, both on PlayStation 4.
At first glance, Frictional’s SOMA, which released in 2015, looks to be a significant departure from the studio’s previous, heavily H. P. Lovecraft inspired games, including Amnesia: A Dark Descent and its The Chinese Room co-developed successor A Machine For Pigs.
And while SOMA’s futuristic sci-fi focus is certainly far removed from the classical gothic trappings of its predecessors, the Lovecraftian thread is unmistakable as it goes big on the existential terror. Its a game as much concerned with questions of identity and morality as it is big scary monsters – although you’ll find plenty of those too, unless you opt for the no-death Safe Mode) – but to say much more would be to rob SOMA of its power.
- After all these years, World of Warcraft adds a potion to understand your enemy with December 17, 2018
- Someone is using My PS4 Life videos to work out player counts for loads of games December 17, 2018
- Fallout 76 players say the Atom shop prices are getting out of hand December 17, 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate glitch shows you should be careful what you wish for December 17, 2018
- Xbox One S with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Battlefield 5 for under £200 December 17, 2018
- Pillars of Eternity 2 will still come to consoles, including Switch, in 2019 December 17, 2018
- You can get a free PC copy of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey via Google’s Project Stream December 17, 2018
- Arc System Works is making a Granblue Fantasy fighting game December 17, 2018
- Street Fighter 5’s new DLC character Kage is basically Evil Ryu with a twist December 17, 2018
- Mutant Year Zero’s misfits are some of 2018’s best characters December 17, 2018