Video Gamer Play // December’s PlayStation Plus games include SOMA an...
December’s PlayStation Plus games include SOMA and Onrush
Sony has announced its final batch of PlayStation Plus games for 2018 – and while it’s short on triple-A showstoppers, there’s a fine selection of titles to be found, including Frictional Games’ existential horror SOMA and on superb racer Onrush, both on PlayStation 4.
At first glance, Frictional’s SOMA, which released in 2015, looks to be a significant departure from the studio’s previous, heavily H. P. Lovecraft inspired games, including Amnesia: A Dark Descent and its The Chinese Room co-developed successor A Machine For Pigs.
And while SOMA’s futuristic sci-fi focus is certainly far removed from the classical gothic trappings of its predecessors, the Lovecraftian thread is unmistakable as it goes big on the existential terror. Its a game as much concerned with questions of identity and morality as it is big scary monsters – although you’ll find plenty of those too, unless you opt for the no-death Safe Mode) – but to say much more would be to rob SOMA of its power.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019