Video Gamer Play // Decorated designer James Ohlen retires from BioWare aft...
Decorated designer James Ohlen retires from BioWare after 22 years
Another of BioWare’s old-guard has left the building. This time it’s James Ohlen, lead designer of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age: Origins, and director of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Ohlen leaves BioWare after a staggering 22 years.
“After 22 years I have retired from BioWare,” Ohlen announced on Twitter. “I’ve loved my time with Anthem, Star Wars, Dragon Age and Dungeons and Dragons. But I need to take a break from the industry and work on something a little smaller and more personal.
“The most fun I’ve ever had at BioWare was as the lead designer on Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2 and Neverwinter Nights. I’ve been a D&D fanatic since I was 10 years old and I want to be a part of it again.”
- Switch’s brilliant rhythm game Voez just got another 11 free new songs November 16, 2018
- Capcom’s wonderfully weird cult classic action-adventure Killer7 is now available on PC November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen is free to try for eight days starting next week November 16, 2018
- Here are the best Black Friday deals, even though it isn’t Black Friday November 16, 2018
- Seven-day free Overwatch trial next week November 16, 2018
- Man pleads guilty to Call of Duty swatting incident that resulted in death November 16, 2018
- Pokémon Let’s Go tips and tricks for becoming a Kanto Champion November 16, 2018
- Nintendo and Microsoft confirm E3 attendance in wake of PlayStation no-show November 16, 2018
- Atari’s crowdfunded RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch launches in two weeks November 16, 2018
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean MacGuire is the best Irish character in a video game yet November 16, 2018