Video Gamer Play // Decorated designer James Ohlen retires from BioWare aft...
Decorated designer James Ohlen retires from BioWare after 22 years
Another of BioWare’s old-guard has left the building. This time it’s James Ohlen, lead designer of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age: Origins, and director of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Ohlen leaves BioWare after a staggering 22 years.
“After 22 years I have retired from BioWare,” Ohlen announced on Twitter. “I’ve loved my time with Anthem, Star Wars, Dragon Age and Dungeons and Dragons. But I need to take a break from the industry and work on something a little smaller and more personal.
“The most fun I’ve ever had at BioWare was as the lead designer on Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2 and Neverwinter Nights. I’ve been a D&D fanatic since I was 10 years old and I want to be a part of it again.”
- Guerrilla Games wants to release games faster July 19, 2018
- What it’s like being a low-level streamer July 19, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces update nerfs Bowser Jr. following complaints July 18, 2018
- Two Point Hospital books in a release date July 18, 2018
- “All-new Xbox hardware” to be shown at Gamescom July 18, 2018
- South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switch, months after its sequel July 18, 2018
- Octopath Traveler: a 90s-style JPRG brought to life with cutting-edge tech July 18, 2018
- The Game Accessibility Conference arrives in Paris this October July 18, 2018
- Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game July 18, 2018
- World of Warcraft and all current expansions now included in subscription July 18, 2018