Video Gamer Play // Digital Foundry to host GeForce RTX panel at EGX 2018
Digital Foundry to host GeForce RTX panel at EGX 2018
Digital Foundry will be hosting a panel on the future of gaming technology at EGX at the Birmingham NEC next week, offering an in-depth look at Nvidia’s new GeForce RTX technology and discussing how the new hardware could shape the future of gaming graphics.
With the current console generation reaching its conclusion and replacement hardware in development, the question is: what is next-gen? What sets the new wave of gaming hardware apart from the capabilities of PS4 and Xbox One? In presenting its vision for the future of rendering, Nvidia is first out of the gate, betting on real-time ray tracing and powerful ‘deep learning’ tensor cores as the tech we’ll need to take gaming to the next level. We’ll be talking about the results of our RTX tests during the reviewing phase and discussing the potential implications for the next-gen consoles.
Those who prefer to look back rather than forward are also catered for with a DF Retro session on Friday. John Linneman will be discussing the creation of the world’s newest Mega Drive game, Tanglewood, which came out this spring some 21 years after the Mega Drive was discontinued. “DF Retro: Creating A Mega Drive Game In 2018” will take place at 4.30 on Friday 21st, on the Rezzed Sessions stage.
- Legendary Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu ceases work due to illness September 20, 2018
- No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says September 20, 2018
- Nvidia DLSS analysis: how AI tech can make PC games run 40 per cent faster September 20, 2018
- PUBG for PC is getting a ranking system September 20, 2018
- FIFA 19 in-game message warns FUT players against coin distribution September 20, 2018
- If they destroy Loot Lake I will be properly upset September 20, 2018
- Frostpunk adds free story DLC the Fall of Winterhome September 20, 2018
- New Street Fighter 5 costumes may be the closest we get to a new Darkstalkers for a while September 20, 2018
- Capcom reveals Ada Wong’s new look for the Resident Evil 2 remake September 20, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5’s third playable character is V September 20, 2018