Video Gamer Play // Digital Foundry to host GeForce RTX panel at EGX 2018
Digital Foundry to host GeForce RTX panel at EGX 2018
Digital Foundry will be hosting a panel on the future of gaming technology at EGX at the Birmingham NEC next week, offering an in-depth look at Nvidia’s new GeForce RTX technology and discussing how the new hardware could shape the future of gaming graphics.
With the current console generation reaching its conclusion and replacement hardware in development, the question is: what is next-gen? What sets the new wave of gaming hardware apart from the capabilities of PS4 and Xbox One? In presenting its vision for the future of rendering, Nvidia is first out of the gate, betting on real-time ray tracing and powerful ‘deep learning’ tensor cores as the tech we’ll need to take gaming to the next level. We’ll be talking about the results of our RTX tests during the reviewing phase and discussing the potential implications for the next-gen consoles.
Those who prefer to look back rather than forward are also catered for with a DF Retro session on Friday. John Linneman will be discussing the creation of the world’s newest Mega Drive game, Tanglewood, which came out this spring some 21 years after the Mega Drive was discontinued. “DF Retro: Creating A Mega Drive Game In 2018” will take place at 4.30 on Friday 21st, on the Rezzed Sessions stage.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019