Video Gamer Play // Dragon Age 2 and Saints Row 2 get backward-compatibilit...
Dragon Age 2 and Saints Row 2 get backward-compatibility on Xbox One
Microsoft has announced the latest additions to its list of backward-compatible Xbox 360 games on Xbox One: BioWare’s divisive RPG sequel Dragon Age 2, and Volition’s delightfully outlandish open world adventure Saints Row 2.
Dragon Age 2 arrived in 2011, some two years after its widely acclaimed predecessor, and was greeted with both whoops of joy and wails of dismay. Dragon Age 2 charts the heroic rise of human protagonist Hawke after their arrival as a refugee in the city of Kirkwall; some players loved the focus on decades-spanning stories and a quieter kind of political intrigue, while others balked at what they perceived to be an excessively streamlined core for a BioWare RPG.
Eurogamer, for its part, was sufficiently thrilled by Dragon Age 2. “With no monstrous uber-foe to defeat, even the smallest side quest takes on its own importance, feeding back into the whole and weaving a saga that draws you further and further in as the hours tick by”, said reviewer Dan Whitehead. “Some will bail out long before that, muttering darkly about the changes to beloved genre tropes. Yet more will find the languid pacing too directionless, and will duck out in favour of something with a more obvious endgame in mind.”
- Why Hideo Kojima fans reckon Death Stranding is set in Iceland May 26, 2018
- City 17 from Half-Life 2 as a city map May 26, 2018
- Microsoft stealth-releases new PC racing game Miami Street May 26, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Xbox One X bundles, Splatoon amiibo, NES Classic and more May 26, 2018
- Epic issues Fortnite scam warning as free V-Bucks videos flood YouTube May 26, 2018
- Don’t worry Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland fans, you can go to the World Cup in FIFA 18 May 26, 2018
- Samsung adds FreeSync support to select 4K TVs May 26, 2018
- DICE boss says Battlefield V’s women are here to stay May 26, 2018
- Why small choices matter when it comes to character creation in RPGs May 26, 2018
- Telltale Games delays The Wolf Among Us’ second season into 2019 May 25, 2018