Video Gamer Play // Dragon Age 2 and Saints Row 2 get backward-compatibilit...
Dragon Age 2 and Saints Row 2 get backward-compatibility on Xbox One
Microsoft has announced the latest additions to its list of backward-compatible Xbox 360 games on Xbox One: BioWare’s divisive RPG sequel Dragon Age 2, and Volition’s delightfully outlandish open world adventure Saints Row 2.
Dragon Age 2 arrived in 2011, some two years after its widely acclaimed predecessor, and was greeted with both whoops of joy and wails of dismay. Dragon Age 2 charts the heroic rise of human protagonist Hawke after their arrival as a refugee in the city of Kirkwall; some players loved the focus on decades-spanning stories and a quieter kind of political intrigue, while others balked at what they perceived to be an excessively streamlined core for a BioWare RPG.
Eurogamer, for its part, was sufficiently thrilled by Dragon Age 2. “With no monstrous uber-foe to defeat, even the smallest side quest takes on its own importance, feeding back into the whole and weaving a saga that draws you further and further in as the hours tick by”, said reviewer Dan Whitehead. “Some will bail out long before that, muttering darkly about the changes to beloved genre tropes. Yet more will find the languid pacing too directionless, and will duck out in favour of something with a more obvious endgame in mind.”
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019
- PlayStation 4 Pro with Spider-Man or Red Dead for £349 January 16, 2019