Video Gamer Play // Duck Game migrating to Switch this summer
Duck Game migrating to Switch this summer
If you’re looking for bird-themed games on Switch this year, you’re certainly not going to be stuck with a poultry amount. Along with Untitled Goose Game (arriving later in 2019), we can now look forward to Duck Game, which is due to land for Nintendo Switch on 2nd May. Now we just need one more duck game, and then we can officially call the 2019 Switch schedule “duck duck goose”.
Duck Game, developed by Landon Podbielski and published by Adult Swim Games, was originally released on the Ouya in 2014 (an odd choice) and later for PC and PlayStation 4. As the name implies, it’s a 2D action game featuring a bunch of ducks – except they’re all fighting each other with “shotguns, net guns, mind control rays, saxophones, magnet guns, and pretty much anything else a duck could use as a weapon”.
With a couch co-op option of up to four players, it seems like a pretty good fit for the Switch, and I can see myself pulling it out as a party game. There’s also online multiplayer and a map editor, meaning you can share your custom-made levels over the world wide webbed. Or you can just go it alone with the single player challenge mode.
- A farewell to Arms – Nintendo’s fighting game wraps up June 17, 2019
- Gamesplanet’s SEGA sale offers up to 75% off Bayonetta, Two Point Hospital and more June 17, 2019
- Carrion is disgusting and I want to play it again immediately June 17, 2019
- Genesis is to Darksiders what Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light was to Tomb Raider June 17, 2019
- Meet the amputee who cosplayed Apex Legends’ Octane at EA Play June 17, 2019
- The Secret of Mana and the art of a good box June 17, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 gets a ranked mode tomorrow June 17, 2019
- Expand your Nintendo Switch storage with a 256GB SD card for just £24.99 June 17, 2019
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019