Video Gamer Play // Excellent pulp exploration rogue-like Curious Expeditio...
Excellent pulp exploration rogue-like Curious Expedition gets a free browser demo
Developer Maschinen-Mensch has just released a demo for its excellent rogue-like exploration sim Curious Expedition, and you can play it for free in your browser.
Curious Expedition’s pulp-inspired action sees you adopting the guise of a legendary explorer (or, at least, a famous figure with an inquisitive mind, ranging from Charles Darwin and Amelia Earhart to Aleister Crowley and HP Lovecraft) then setting forth across undiscovered lands in search of fame and fortune.
Your ultimate goal each game is to become the most successful explorer in all the world, amassing wealth and renown with every perilous expedition you embark on. Each mini adventure unfolds on a hex-based grid – representing a new, uncharted corner of the world – and your basic goal each time is to amass treasure and find the Golden Pyramid on each map, before hunger, or insanity – or worse – brings your journey to a premature end.
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019
- PlayStation 4 Pro with Spider-Man or Red Dead for £349 January 16, 2019