Video Gamer Play // Fallout 76 purging duped items in today’s patch
Fallout 76 purging duped items in today’s patch
Dupers, it seems your time has finally come, as Bethesda is about to weed out duped items from Fallout 76. For real, this time.
Anyone who’s been near the Fallout 76 subreddits will know the community considers item duping a severe problem. The process of doubling items through glitches and exploits – for which tutorials can be found on YouTube – has been accused of wrecking the in-game economy and contributing towards server instability. Dupers have become so unpopular, in fact, that some players have established vigilante death squads to root them out (resulting in the unfortunate targeting of several innocents).
Bethesda attempted to tackle the duping epidemic in previous patches, claiming it would remove certain duping methods, but the dupers have nearly always managed to find alternative ways to cheat. This time, however, Bethesda plans to actively remove the duped items – meaning some people could end up with rather empty inventories.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019