Video Gamer Play // Fan-favourites Hunk and Tofu are returning for the Resi...
Fan-favourites Hunk and Tofu are returning for the Resident Evil 2 remake
Fans of faintly absurd bonus characters can breathe a sigh of relief today; Capcom has confirmed that both Hunk and Tofu will be returning for the Resident Evil 2 remake on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
For the uninitiated, Hunk and Tofu were bonus characters present in horror classic Resident Evil 2 – appearing in their own mini-missions, and unlocked if various criteria were met. Hunk, a mysterious gas-mask-wearing Umbrella operative, featured in the 4th Survivor mini-mission, and was unlocked by completing the Leon and Jill scenarios with an A rank.
Tofu, a knife-wielding lump of coagulated soy milk, appeared in the unlockable Tofu Survivor mode – a tough reworking of Hunk’s mission, accessed by completing any combination of scenarios six times with an A rank in under two and a half hours.
- Neon Switch with Pokémon: Let’s Go or Mario Kart for under £300 January 17, 2019
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019