Video Gamer Play // FIFA 19 on Switch will finally let you play online with...
FIFA 19 on Switch will finally let you play online with your friends
FIFA is returning to Switch later this year, in the form of FIFA 19, and EA has confirmed that this latest iteration will finally enable players on the console to head online and play matches against their friends.
When FIFA 18 launched on Switch last year, one of the loudest complaints revolved around the state of its online play. For reasons unknown, EA elected to only provide random match-making for online games. No means of playing with friends over the internet was available.
This time around, however, EA says that Switch owners will be able to invite anyone from their friend list to play Online Friendlies, enabling players to “track your rivalry through a five-match season, both in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team”.
- Valve has made a new Portal demo June 22, 2018
- If Ubisoft wants to cling on to Clancy, it’s time to talk politics June 22, 2018
- Discord launches a Games tab and it’s basically Steam June 21, 2018
- Epic wants the Fortnite endgame to be more than “just build lol” June 21, 2018
- Here’s when you can download Life is Strange 2’s free prequel June 21, 2018
- Nintendo Switch and Xbox One Minecraft cross-platform trailer hammers home lack of PlayStation support June 21, 2018
- Pre-order Dragon Ball FighterZ on Nintendo Switch and you get obscure SNES game Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden June 21, 2018
- You can play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in the UK next month June 21, 2018
- Criterion founders reveal two new games June 21, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces has a day one download to unlock online tournaments June 21, 2018