Video Gamer Play // FIFA 19 on Switch will finally let you play online with...
FIFA 19 on Switch will finally let you play online with your friends
FIFA is returning to Switch later this year, in the form of FIFA 19, and EA has confirmed that this latest iteration will finally enable players on the console to head online and play matches against their friends.
When FIFA 18 launched on Switch last year, one of the loudest complaints revolved around the state of its online play. For reasons unknown, EA elected to only provide random match-making for online games. No means of playing with friends over the internet was available.
This time around, however, EA says that Switch owners will be able to invite anyone from their friend list to play Online Friendlies, enabling players to “track your rivalry through a five-match season, both in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team”.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019