Video Gamer Play // FIFA 19 on Switch will finally let you play online with...
FIFA 19 on Switch will finally let you play online with your friends
FIFA is returning to Switch later this year, in the form of FIFA 19, and EA has confirmed that this latest iteration will finally enable players on the console to head online and play matches against their friends.
When FIFA 18 launched on Switch last year, one of the loudest complaints revolved around the state of its online play. For reasons unknown, EA elected to only provide random match-making for online games. No means of playing with friends over the internet was available.
This time around, however, EA says that Switch owners will be able to invite anyone from their friend list to play Online Friendlies, enabling players to “track your rivalry through a five-match season, both in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team”.
- Warframe’s massive open-world Venus expansion, Fortuna, is out next month on PC October 19, 2018
- PUBG’s Training Mode map is now available on Xbox One via the Public Test Server October 19, 2018
- Brooding co-operative action-RPG Ashen will be out by the end of this year, says dev October 19, 2018
- Agent 47 can dress up as a sinister scarecrow in Hitman’s free Hallowe’en DLC pack October 19, 2018
- Splash Damage is ending development on its free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb October 19, 2018
- Soulcalibur 6 review – a return to form that’s not without its flaws October 19, 2018
- UK mags GamesTM and GamesMaster shut down October 19, 2018
- PUBG’s PC Event Mode has been cancelled this week due to a “critical error” October 19, 2018
- PlayStation 4 exclusive Days Gone delayed October 19, 2018
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales review – a card game with the heart of a blockbuster October 19, 2018