Video Gamer Play // Fortnite update finally adds heavy sniper, brings back ...
Fortnite update finally adds heavy sniper, brings back Sniper Shootout
The latest Fortnite update has dropped, and this time, it’s all about skillful long-distance shooting. Not good news for me, then.
In the notes for update v5.21, Epic finally announced it’s added the heavy sniper rifle, which was originally discovered by dataminers on StormshieldOne several weeks ago. The weapon deals a high amount of damage to players – between 150 to 157 points worth, in fact, but the main impact it should make is on buildings, where bullets can deal a huge 1100 points of damage. The only downside is increased reload time, but as highlighted by commenters on Reddit, the heavy sniper rifle only takes one second longer to reload than the bolt-action.
When the heavy sniper was initially leaked, some players expressed concern it was an “anti-building” addition. It will be interesting to see how the update changes the game’s current meta, particularly as scoped assault rifles are also being removed, while the minigun is receiving a nerf.
- Legendary Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu ceases work due to illness September 20, 2018
- No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says September 20, 2018
- Nvidia DLSS analysis: how AI tech can make PC games run 40 per cent faster September 20, 2018
- PUBG for PC is getting a ranking system September 20, 2018
- FIFA 19 in-game message warns FUT players against coin distribution September 20, 2018
- If they destroy Loot Lake I will be properly upset September 20, 2018
- Frostpunk adds free story DLC the Fall of Winterhome September 20, 2018
- New Street Fighter 5 costumes may be the closest we get to a new Darkstalkers for a while September 20, 2018
- Capcom reveals Ada Wong’s new look for the Resident Evil 2 remake September 20, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5’s third playable character is V September 20, 2018