Video Gamer Play // Fortnite update finally adds heavy sniper, brings back ...
Fortnite update finally adds heavy sniper, brings back Sniper Shootout
The latest Fortnite update has dropped, and this time, it’s all about skillful long-distance shooting. Not good news for me, then.
In the notes for update v5.21, Epic finally announced it’s added the heavy sniper rifle, which was originally discovered by dataminers on StormshieldOne several weeks ago. The weapon deals a high amount of damage to players – between 150 to 157 points worth, in fact, but the main impact it should make is on buildings, where bullets can deal a huge 1100 points of damage. The only downside is increased reload time, but as highlighted by commenters on Reddit, the heavy sniper rifle only takes one second longer to reload than the bolt-action.
When the heavy sniper was initially leaked, some players expressed concern it was an “anti-building” addition. It will be interesting to see how the update changes the game’s current meta, particularly as scoped assault rifles are also being removed, while the minigun is receiving a nerf.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019