Video Gamer Play // Fortnite update finally adds heavy sniper, brings back ...
Fortnite update finally adds heavy sniper, brings back Sniper Shootout
The latest Fortnite update has dropped, and this time, it’s all about skillful long-distance shooting. Not good news for me, then.
In the notes for update v5.21, Epic finally announced it’s added the heavy sniper rifle, which was originally discovered by dataminers on StormshieldOne several weeks ago. The weapon deals a high amount of damage to players – between 150 to 157 points worth, in fact, but the main impact it should make is on buildings, where bullets can deal a huge 1100 points of damage. The only downside is increased reload time, but as highlighted by commenters on Reddit, the heavy sniper rifle only takes one second longer to reload than the bolt-action.
When the heavy sniper was initially leaked, some players expressed concern it was an “anti-building” addition. It will be interesting to see how the update changes the game’s current meta, particularly as scoped assault rifles are also being removed, while the minigun is receiving a nerf.
- Switch’s brilliant rhythm game Voez just got another 11 free new songs November 16, 2018
- Capcom’s wonderfully weird cult classic action-adventure Killer7 is now available on PC November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen is free to try for eight days starting next week November 16, 2018
- Here are the best Black Friday deals, even though it isn’t Black Friday November 16, 2018
- Seven-day free Overwatch trial next week November 16, 2018
- Man pleads guilty to Call of Duty swatting incident that resulted in death November 16, 2018
- Pokémon Let’s Go tips and tricks for becoming a Kanto Champion November 16, 2018
- Nintendo and Microsoft confirm E3 attendance in wake of PlayStation no-show November 16, 2018
- Atari’s crowdfunded RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch launches in two weeks November 16, 2018
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean MacGuire is the best Irish character in a video game yet November 16, 2018