Video Gamer Play // Fortnite’s Cube Monsters aren’t going anywh...
Fortnite’s Cube Monsters aren’t going anywhere thanks to a new limited-time mode
Halloween may be over, but apparently the zombies didn’t get the memo, as Fortnite’s Cube Monsters will continue to amble around the island for some time to come.
The patch notes for today’s update reveal the controversial ghouls are due to shift over to a new limited time mode (LTM) called “Team Terror”, which essentially seems to merge ideas from Fortnite’s team modes with its Fortnitemares mechanics. Two groups of 32 players must eliminate each other as monster spawners appear across the map every time the storm closes into a new circle. There’s increased ammo to help with the undead mobs, so you can mow down as many zombies as you like.
For players who enjoyed the Halloween PVE version of Fortnite, this seems like an ideal way to give fans an optional mode without riling the rest of the Fortnite community, some of whom disliked the Cube Monsters and found them annoying (particularly in the late stages of a match). And, of course, Team Terror will also allow Kevin the Cube’s legacy to continue for just a little bit longer, may he rest in pieces.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019