Video Gamer Play // Fortnite’s Cube Monsters aren’t going anywh...
Fortnite’s Cube Monsters aren’t going anywhere thanks to a new limited-time mode
Halloween may be over, but apparently the zombies didn’t get the memo, as Fortnite’s Cube Monsters will continue to amble around the island for some time to come.
The patch notes for today’s update reveal the controversial ghouls are due to shift over to a new limited time mode (LTM) called “Team Terror”, which essentially seems to merge ideas from Fortnite’s team modes with its Fortnitemares mechanics. Two groups of 32 players must eliminate each other as monster spawners appear across the map every time the storm closes into a new circle. There’s increased ammo to help with the undead mobs, so you can mow down as many zombies as you like.
For players who enjoyed the Halloween PVE version of Fortnite, this seems like an ideal way to give fans an optional mode without riling the rest of the Fortnite community, some of whom disliked the Cube Monsters and found them annoying (particularly in the late stages of a match). And, of course, Team Terror will also allow Kevin the Cube’s legacy to continue for just a little bit longer, may he rest in pieces.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019