Video Gamer Play // Fortnite’s Cube Monsters aren’t going anywh...
Fortnite’s Cube Monsters aren’t going anywhere thanks to a new limited-time mode
Halloween may be over, but apparently the zombies didn’t get the memo, as Fortnite’s Cube Monsters will continue to amble around the island for some time to come.
The patch notes for today’s update reveal the controversial ghouls are due to shift over to a new limited time mode (LTM) called “Team Terror”, which essentially seems to merge ideas from Fortnite’s team modes with its Fortnitemares mechanics. Two groups of 32 players must eliminate each other as monster spawners appear across the map every time the storm closes into a new circle. There’s increased ammo to help with the undead mobs, so you can mow down as many zombies as you like.
For players who enjoyed the Halloween PVE version of Fortnite, this seems like an ideal way to give fans an optional mode without riling the rest of the Fortnite community, some of whom disliked the Cube Monsters and found them annoying (particularly in the late stages of a match). And, of course, Team Terror will also allow Kevin the Cube’s legacy to continue for just a little bit longer, may he rest in pieces.
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018