Video Gamer Play // Frisbee-tossing arcade classic follow-up Windjammers 2 ...
Frisbee-tossing arcade classic follow-up Windjammers 2 gets first gameplay trailer
We’ve known about Windjammers 2, the long-awaited follow-up to Data East’s frisbee-tossing arcade classic, for some time now – but, finally, we’ve a chance to see developer DotEmu’s sequel in action, thanks to a newly unveiled alpha gameplay trailer.
Windjammers originally released on Neo Geo in 1994, gifting the world with its raucously entertaining multiplayer take on brutal competitive frisbee action. Playing out something like Pong meets Street Fighter (as Martin Robinson put it in his Essential review), the goal, simply enough, is to pelt a frisbee into your opponent’s net until you’ve enough points to win.
A handful of special moves add a touch of nuance – not that nuance is necessarily a primary consideration in a game where you’re dressed in plastic day-glo armour and there’s something called a Flying Power Disc whizzing toward your head – but it’s exactly accessible enough to ensure pretty much anyone can pick it up and have a devastatingly good time in two-player.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019