Video Gamer Play // God of War’s feature length behind-the-scenes doc...
God of War’s feature length behind-the-scenes documentary is here
Although I can scarcely believe it, over a year has passed since God of War first thundered its way onto PlayStation 4 – and now seems as good a time as any to take a look back at the game’s many successes. Loki-ly for us, Santa Monica Studio has created a feature-length documentary detailing the exact story of how God of War was made – and you can now watch the whole thing on YouTube.
Santa Monica describes the documentary as a “cinematic journey of second chances rooted in family, sacrifice, struggle, doubt, and triumph”. It’s been three years in the making, and according to Sony has been constructed from 400 hours of footage. In particular, the documentary focuses on the “herculean effort” to reinvent God of War, and the risks Santa Monica took by taking the series in such a radically different direction.
“This is the first time PlayStation took a chance in telling a story about the people who created this work of art,” Sony Worldwide Studios game development head Scott Rohde explained in a blog post.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019