Video Gamer Play // Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour ...
Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour demo on Switch today
There’s good news for those eagerly awaiting the arrival of Square Enix’s striking modern-retro J-RPG Octopath Traveler on Switch: a massive three-hour demo launches later today on Nintendo’s eShop in Europe and North America.
This, of course, follows the incredibly promising two-character playable teaser that Square released late last year, highlighting Octopath Traveler’s engaging combat system – reminiscent of the excellent Bravely Default series (it comes from the same producers) – as well as its gorgeously distinctive “2D-HD” aesthetic, blending old-school pixel-art with a fully-3D world.
According to information revealed during Nintendo’s E3 Treehouse broadcast, the new Octopath Traveler demo will let players try out all eight characters in the game – each beginning with their own distinct stories. The only restriction is a hard three-hour limit on the demo, meaning that it mightn’t be possible to get through every character in that time.
- The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design October 22, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale and early adopters are not happy October 21, 2018
- Silent Hill comes to Metal Gear Survive for a limited-time Halloween event October 21, 2018
- Epic teases Halloween-themed “Fortnitemares” in a series of cryptic Fortnite tweets October 21, 2018
- Best gaming headset 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 21, 2018
- Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 server rates are a third of what they were in the beta October 21, 2018
- Dark Souls on Switch is a current-gen port with last-gen visuals October 21, 2018
- Valve pushes back Artifact beta to just nine days before release October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft to terminate online services for Just Dance 2018 on last-gen consoles October 21, 2018
- Dreadnought developer Six Foot lays off “about a third” of its staff October 21, 2018