Video Gamer Play // Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour ...
Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour demo on Switch today
There’s good news for those eagerly awaiting the arrival of Square Enix’s striking modern-retro J-RPG Octopath Traveler on Switch: a massive three-hour demo launches later today on Nintendo’s eShop in Europe and North America.
This, of course, follows the incredibly promising two-character playable teaser that Square released late last year, highlighting Octopath Traveler’s engaging combat system – reminiscent of the excellent Bravely Default series (it comes from the same producers) – as well as its gorgeously distinctive “2D-HD” aesthetic, blending old-school pixel-art with a fully-3D world.
According to information revealed during Nintendo’s E3 Treehouse broadcast, the new Octopath Traveler demo will let players try out all eight characters in the game – each beginning with their own distinct stories. The only restriction is a hard three-hour limit on the demo, meaning that it mightn’t be possible to get through every character in that time.
- Diablo 3 for Switch rears its head again in a new leak August 15, 2018
- Layers of Fear developer unveils new teaser trailer for next horror game Project Méliès August 15, 2018
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Switch is getting a demo tomorrow August 15, 2018
- Prior to Splatoon, Nintendo asked Wii FPS The Conduit developer to make a water gun shooter August 15, 2018
- Gone Home moves to Nintendo Switch next week August 15, 2018
- Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary now backwards compatible on Xbox One August 15, 2018
- Nintendo Switch is getting a Joy-Con fishing rod August 15, 2018
- The battle with FIFA was lost long ago, but PES soldiers on August 15, 2018
- Fortnite update finally adds heavy sniper, brings back Sniper Shootout August 15, 2018
- Pokémon Go’s September, October and November Community Days dated August 15, 2018