Video Gamer Play // Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour ...
Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour demo on Switch today
There’s good news for those eagerly awaiting the arrival of Square Enix’s striking modern-retro J-RPG Octopath Traveler on Switch: a massive three-hour demo launches later today on Nintendo’s eShop in Europe and North America.
This, of course, follows the incredibly promising two-character playable teaser that Square released late last year, highlighting Octopath Traveler’s engaging combat system – reminiscent of the excellent Bravely Default series (it comes from the same producers) – as well as its gorgeously distinctive “2D-HD” aesthetic, blending old-school pixel-art with a fully-3D world.
According to information revealed during Nintendo’s E3 Treehouse broadcast, the new Octopath Traveler demo will let players try out all eight characters in the game – each beginning with their own distinct stories. The only restriction is a hard three-hour limit on the demo, meaning that it mightn’t be possible to get through every character in that time.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019