Video Gamer Play // Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour ...
Gorgeous J-RPG Octopath Traveler gets a new three-hour demo on Switch today
There’s good news for those eagerly awaiting the arrival of Square Enix’s striking modern-retro J-RPG Octopath Traveler on Switch: a massive three-hour demo launches later today on Nintendo’s eShop in Europe and North America.
This, of course, follows the incredibly promising two-character playable teaser that Square released late last year, highlighting Octopath Traveler’s engaging combat system – reminiscent of the excellent Bravely Default series (it comes from the same producers) – as well as its gorgeously distinctive “2D-HD” aesthetic, blending old-school pixel-art with a fully-3D world.
According to information revealed during Nintendo’s E3 Treehouse broadcast, the new Octopath Traveler demo will let players try out all eight characters in the game – each beginning with their own distinct stories. The only restriction is a hard three-hour limit on the demo, meaning that it mightn’t be possible to get through every character in that time.
- Valve has made a new Portal demo June 22, 2018
- If Ubisoft wants to cling on to Clancy, it’s time to talk politics June 22, 2018
- Discord launches a Games tab and it’s basically Steam June 21, 2018
- Epic wants the Fortnite endgame to be more than “just build lol” June 21, 2018
- Here’s when you can download Life is Strange 2’s free prequel June 21, 2018
- Nintendo Switch and Xbox One Minecraft cross-platform trailer hammers home lack of PlayStation support June 21, 2018
- Pre-order Dragon Ball FighterZ on Nintendo Switch and you get obscure SNES game Dragon Ball Z: Super Butoden June 21, 2018
- You can play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate in the UK next month June 21, 2018
- Criterion founders reveal two new games June 21, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces has a day one download to unlock online tournaments June 21, 2018