Video Gamer Play // GTX 1660 Ti vs RTX 2060: benchmark performance and feat...
GTX 1660 Ti vs RTX 2060: benchmark performance and feature comparison
The GTX 1660 Ti is something of an oddball: the first Turing card without RTX features or indeed the RTX name, a £260/$280 successor to the GTX 1060 that delivers performance on par with the GTX 1070. That makes it hard to anticipate how it compares to the other mainstream Nvidia GPU, the RTX 2060, which was released at the beginning of 2019 and has an RRP of £320/$350. This article is intended to put an end to the guessing games, as we show you exactly how these two cards compare in terms of performance, what extra features you get from the RTX card and how they sit in terms of current pricing and availability.
For our performance comparison, we’ll include live game benchmarks from a range of the latest titles and legacy favourites, from Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to the Witcher 3. While these cards are designed to tackle 1080p and stretch to 1440p gaming, we’ll also see how they handle 4K at a pinch. (However, if you are considering either card for a 4K setup, we’d instead recommend at least looking at the RTX 2070 or GTX 1080 unless you’re content to turn down your settings far below the high or ultra presets we tested at and pick up a high-end processor to boot.) Finally, we’ve also included a generational benchmark, so you can get a general idea of gaming performance if you’re upgrading from an older GeForce GTX card.
If you’re interested in the benchmark or pricing for these two cards, then feel free to click on the links below to get straight to the relevant section. Otherwise, scroll on and take it all in!
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019