Video Gamer Play // GTX 1660 Ti vs RTX 2060: benchmark performance and feat...
GTX 1660 Ti vs RTX 2060: benchmark performance and feature comparison
The GTX 1660 Ti is something of an oddball: the first Turing card without RTX features or indeed the RTX name, a £260/$280 successor to the GTX 1060 that delivers performance on par with the GTX 1070. That makes it hard to anticipate how it compares to the other mainstream Nvidia GPU, the RTX 2060, which was released at the beginning of 2019 and has an RRP of £320/$350. This article is intended to put an end to the guessing games, as we show you exactly how these two cards compare in terms of performance, what extra features you get from the RTX card and how they sit in terms of current pricing and availability.
For our performance comparison, we’ll include live game benchmarks from a range of the latest titles and legacy favourites, from Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to the Witcher 3. While these cards are designed to tackle 1080p and stretch to 1440p gaming, we’ll also see how they handle 4K at a pinch. (However, if you are considering either card for a 4K setup, we’d instead recommend at least looking at the RTX 2070 or GTX 1080 unless you’re content to turn down your settings far below the high or ultra presets we tested at and pick up a high-end processor to boot.) Finally, we’ve also included a generational benchmark, so you can get a general idea of gaming performance if you’re upgrading from an older GeForce GTX card.
If you’re interested in the benchmark or pricing for these two cards, then feel free to click on the links below to get straight to the relevant section. Otherwise, scroll on and take it all in!
- Spider-Man PS4 dev reveals cool Easter egg no-one noticed April 20, 2019
- Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating April 20, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity April 20, 2019
- Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn’t reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect April 20, 2019
- Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken April 20, 2019
- Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages April 20, 2019
- The mysterious world of Las Meninas April 20, 2019
- Falcon Age and Stranger’s Wrath: animals go to war April 19, 2019
- After 11 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019
- After nearly 12 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019