Video Gamer Play // H1Z1 PS4 producer on spectacular launch, balancing and ...
H1Z1 PS4 producer on spectacular launch, balancing and what comes next
It’s no secret H1Z1 hasn’t had the easiest of rides. Despite being one of the first games to develop a battle royale mode, H1Z1’s PC version suffered a huge dip in player numbers when competitors such as PUBG and Fortnite emerged. Meanwhile, the H1Z1 community has often complained about the lack of regular updates, and the game’s current review score isn’t looking particularly peachy.
Yet it seems H1Z1’s fortunes on the PlayStation have been radically different to the PC version. A few weeks ago Daybreak announced over 10m people had played the game in its first month of open beta. And according to PlayStation Producer Terrence Yee, the game has continued to be popular with players since its full release earlier this month.
In an interview with Eurogamer, Yee noted the numbers response to the PS4 open beta had been “beyond [their] wildest expectations”. “We didn’t really know what the numbers were going to be,” Yee said, “but that surpassed what any of us could have imagined”.
- Switch’s brilliant rhythm game Voez just got another 11 free new songs November 16, 2018
- Capcom’s wonderfully weird cult classic action-adventure Killer7 is now available on PC November 16, 2018
- Star Citizen is free to try for eight days starting next week November 16, 2018
- Here are the best Black Friday deals, even though it isn’t Black Friday November 16, 2018
- Seven-day free Overwatch trial next week November 16, 2018
- Man pleads guilty to Call of Duty swatting incident that resulted in death November 16, 2018
- Pokémon Let’s Go tips and tricks for becoming a Kanto Champion November 16, 2018
- Nintendo and Microsoft confirm E3 attendance in wake of PlayStation no-show November 16, 2018
- Atari’s crowdfunded RollerCoaster Tycoon for Switch launches in two weeks November 16, 2018
- Why Red Dead Redemption 2’s Sean MacGuire is the best Irish character in a video game yet November 16, 2018