Video Gamer Play // Hands (and head) on with all the big upcoming PSVR rele...
Hands (and head) on with all the big upcoming PSVR releases for 2019
Before last week, I’d never been to New York but, as I wandered its streets and stared at its sights, it certainly felt like I had. New York is a city I’ve visited countless times in video games past. It’s a place I associate with characters like Max Payne, the Ninja Turtles and the Ghostbusters. Years of dreaming and watching and then suddenly, after a relatively short flight, I was there, in glorious, real-world 3D, recognising locations I’d only ever experienced before on the flat screen of a monitor.
In hindsight this transition from video game setting to a place I could actually inhabit made New York the perfect metaphor for the thing that brought me there in the first place. And so, after a quickly swinging by the Ghostbusters building to do a spot of tourism, I popped in to Sony’s PlayStation VR Spring Showcase to try out some of the biggest games that are bound for the system this year.
Blood and Truth
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019