Video Gamer Play // Hands on with Rec Royale, Playstation VR’s answer...
Hands on with Rec Royale, Playstation VR’s answer to Fortnite
As a virtual reality enthusiast and a huge fan of battle royale games, I’ve been eagerly awaiting a VR version of the last person standing formula for a while now.
There have been a few takes on the battle royale genre on PC based VR platforms, for sure. Games like Stand Out VR or Bullets And More VR cater to those with a Vive or an Oculus but, for PSVR owners like me, the choice has been severely limited.
That’s where Rec Royale comes in. Rec Royale is just a small part of Rec Room, a social VR app that acts as part meeting place, part mini-game hub where players can take part in sporting events, fantastical quests and even games of Charades.
- The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design October 22, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale and early adopters are not happy October 21, 2018
- Silent Hill comes to Metal Gear Survive for a limited-time Halloween event October 21, 2018
- Epic teases Halloween-themed “Fortnitemares” in a series of cryptic Fortnite tweets October 21, 2018
- Best gaming headset 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 21, 2018
- Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 server rates are a third of what they were in the beta October 21, 2018
- Dark Souls on Switch is a current-gen port with last-gen visuals October 21, 2018
- Valve pushes back Artifact beta to just nine days before release October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft to terminate online services for Just Dance 2018 on last-gen consoles October 21, 2018
- Dreadnought developer Six Foot lays off “about a third” of its staff October 21, 2018