Video Gamer Play // Hearthstone is showing its villainous side in next expa...
Hearthstone is showing its villainous side in next expansion Rise of Shadows
Blizzard has announced that Hearthstone’s next expansion, Rise of Shadows, will be coming to all the things (PC, iOS, and Android, to be exact) on April 9th.
Rise of Shadows marks the start of Hearthstone’s first-ever year-long storyline, and focusses on a coalition of villains – including familiar faces such as King Togwaggle, Madame Lazul, Dr. Boom, and Hagatha the Witch – as they terrorise the land.
“After suffering defeat at the hands of the League of Explorers,” explains Blizzard in a flourish of scene-setting, “Arch-Thief Rafaam realised that his designs on Azeroth would require more roguery than he alone could muster. In the years since, he has dwelled in the shadows, recruiting the greatest antagonists Hearthstone has ever seen to join the League of E.V.I.L.”.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019