Video Gamer Play // Help! My Xbox One X has started turning on my electric ...
Help! My Xbox One X has started turning on my electric fire!
Microsoft will tell you its Xbox One X is hot stuff – but one owner says the world’s most powerful console is proving a little too warm for comfort.
Andy Eggleton, 44, from Cottingham in Yorkshire, told Eurogamer his Xbox console is accidentally switching on the electric fireplace in his lounge.
His fireplace – an Endeavour Fires brand Castleton Electric Fireplace Suite – is designed to be remote controlled. You can switch the fire on and off and select temperature and brightness options, but these are meant to work with the fireplace’s own remote control – not an Xbox.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019