Video Gamer Play // Here’s Elite Dangerous’ sleek new ship, the...
Here’s Elite Dangerous’ sleek new ship, the Mamba
Frontier Developments has unveiled the sleek (and slightly sexy) Mamba alongside the Krait Phantom – two new ships arriving as part of Elite: Dangerous’ upcoming Beyond: Chapter Four update.
The Mamba is designed by Zorgon Peterson, the in-game manufacturer responsible for the fan-favourite Fer-de-Lance. It’s a combat-focussed vessel, apparently based on an unreleased racing prototype (which might explain those striking undulating lines), and combines high speed with significant firepower. “This,” says Frontier, “means the ship can hit hard and fast, vanishing before the target has a chance to react.
If you’re curious about specifications, Frontier notes that the Mamba features one Huge, two Large, and two Small Hardpoints, five Internal Optional Slots, and has a laden FSD jump range of 6.37LY. Speed-wise, it can reach 316m/s and its boost tops out at 387m/s. You better have a decently sized wallet though: all this will set you back approximately 55 million credits.
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019
- PlayStation 4 Pro with Spider-Man or Red Dead for £349 January 16, 2019
- We Happy Few, Shadow of Mordor among next Xbox Game Pass additions January 16, 2019
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes review – a banal bore of a game January 16, 2019
- Nintendo-licensed 128GB microSD card down to £30 January 16, 2019
- EA’s open-world Star Wars game canned in favour of smaller project January 16, 2019
- Ubisoft sorry for shock Assassin’s Creed Odyssey DLC twist which ignores player choice January 16, 2019