Video Gamer Play // Here’s Elite Dangerous’ sleek new ship, the...
Here’s Elite Dangerous’ sleek new ship, the Mamba
Frontier Developments has unveiled the sleek (and slightly sexy) Mamba alongside the Krait Phantom – two new ships arriving as part of Elite: Dangerous’ upcoming Beyond: Chapter Four update.
The Mamba is designed by Zorgon Peterson, the in-game manufacturer responsible for the fan-favourite Fer-de-Lance. It’s a combat-focussed vessel, apparently based on an unreleased racing prototype (which might explain those striking undulating lines), and combines high speed with significant firepower. “This,” says Frontier, “means the ship can hit hard and fast, vanishing before the target has a chance to react.
If you’re curious about specifications, Frontier notes that the Mamba features one Huge, two Large, and two Small Hardpoints, five Internal Optional Slots, and has a laden FSD jump range of 6.37LY. Speed-wise, it can reach 316m/s and its boost tops out at 387m/s. You better have a decently sized wallet though: all this will set you back approximately 55 million credits.
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019