Video Gamer Play // Here’s what Ariana Grande and a bunch of Labo ins...
Here’s what Ariana Grande and a bunch of Labo instruments sound like live
If you’ve spent many sleepless nights pondering the practical, real-world applications of Nintendo’s delightful new cardboard oddity, Nintendo Labo, here’s a little story that might intrigue you: famous pop person Ariana Grande performed on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, using a bunch of backing instruments fashioned entirely from Labo. It sounded pretty good!
The musical segment, which aired on the US show on Monday, saw the Grammy-Award-nominated Grande performing new song No Tears Left to Cry, while Fallon’s house band The Roots unfurled a spirited musical accompaniment using guitars, pianos, and other creations, all built using Labo’s heavily customisable Toy-Con Garage software and bits of cardboard.
Plenty of non-Grandes have already put a range of Labo creations through their melodic paces on the internet, of course, so we’ve had a pretty good idea of the device’s musical credentials before now. However, Fallon’s band, each member equipped with a Labo-draped Switch, is one of the larger congregations to use the device, and the end result is both a fun novelty and a fascinating spectacle – and it’s cool to see just how flexible Labo can be.
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019
- PlayStation 4 Pro with Spider-Man or Red Dead for £349 January 16, 2019