Video Gamer Play // How the next Doctor Who game attempts to rewrite the ru...
How the next Doctor Who game attempts to rewrite the rules of match-three puzzle games
Tiny Rebel Games, the creator of 2013’s Puzzle and Dragons-a-like Doctor Who Legacy, returns this year with a brand new Doctor Who game for PC and mobile.
While Legacy was a ‘greatest hits’ approach to Doctor Who’s vast, well, legacy – continuously updated over five years with new adversaries and companions from the series’ vast history – Doctor Who Infinity tells original stories of its own, with its match-three puzzles reflecting what’s happening along the way.
The opening episode, The Dalek Invasion of Time, starts with familiar gem-swapping territory, tasking you to match colours on a board to power up the Twelfth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver to get you out of a bind. But from there, as the story changes, so do the rules of how you interact with each board of gems.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019