Video Gamer Play // How the next Doctor Who game attempts to rewrite the ru...
How the next Doctor Who game attempts to rewrite the rules of match-three puzzle games
Tiny Rebel Games, the creator of 2013’s Puzzle and Dragons-a-like Doctor Who Legacy, returns this year with a brand new Doctor Who game for PC and mobile.
While Legacy was a ‘greatest hits’ approach to Doctor Who’s vast, well, legacy – continuously updated over five years with new adversaries and companions from the series’ vast history – Doctor Who Infinity tells original stories of its own, with its match-three puzzles reflecting what’s happening along the way.
The opening episode, The Dalek Invasion of Time, starts with familiar gem-swapping territory, tasking you to match colours on a board to power up the Twelfth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver to get you out of a bind. But from there, as the story changes, so do the rules of how you interact with each board of gems.
- Here’s a glimpse at Battlefield 5 battle royale August 18, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is having a better time of it outside Steam August 18, 2018
- A mortgage broker worked out the real world cost of a house in Skyrim August 18, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Two-Point Hospital, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Geforce 1060 and more August 18, 2018
- FIFA 19 is going big on the Spanish league August 18, 2018
- Bungie makes a new, more accessible version of the hardest weapon to get in Destiny 2 August 18, 2018
- Valve accidentally launches Steam.tv early August 18, 2018
- Video games magazines and me August 18, 2018
- H1Z1 PS4 producer on spectacular launch, balancing and what comes next August 17, 2018
- Buy Super Mario Party from the Nintendo Store, get a free lamp August 17, 2018