Video Gamer Play // How the next Doctor Who game attempts to rewrite the ru...
How the next Doctor Who game attempts to rewrite the rules of match-three puzzle games
Tiny Rebel Games, the creator of 2013’s Puzzle and Dragons-a-like Doctor Who Legacy, returns this year with a brand new Doctor Who game for PC and mobile.
While Legacy was a ‘greatest hits’ approach to Doctor Who’s vast, well, legacy – continuously updated over five years with new adversaries and companions from the series’ vast history – Doctor Who Infinity tells original stories of its own, with its match-three puzzles reflecting what’s happening along the way.
The opening episode, The Dalek Invasion of Time, starts with familiar gem-swapping territory, tasking you to match colours on a board to power up the Twelfth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver to get you out of a bind. But from there, as the story changes, so do the rules of how you interact with each board of gems.
- City 17 from Half-Life 2 as a city map May 26, 2018
- Microsoft stealth-releases new PC racing game Miami Street May 26, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Xbox One X bundles, Splatoon amiibo, NES Classic and more May 26, 2018
- Epic issues Fortnite scam warning as free V-Bucks videos flood YouTube May 26, 2018
- Don’t worry Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland fans, you can go to the World Cup in FIFA 18 May 26, 2018
- Samsung adds FreeSync support to select 4K TVs May 26, 2018
- DICE boss says Battlefield V’s women are here to stay May 26, 2018
- Why small choices matter when it comes to character creation in RPGs May 26, 2018
- Telltale Games delays The Wolf Among Us’ second season into 2019 May 25, 2018
- Investigative open-world Lovecraft horror The Sinking City gets a new teaser trailer May 25, 2018