Video Gamer Play // If they destroy Loot Lake I will be properly upset
If they destroy Loot Lake I will be properly upset
I made panna cotta for the first time a few months back. It was delicious. Also, I learned two things, the first of which is that it’s panna cotta and not pannacotta. Who knew?
The second thing was more interesting. I learned how brilliant it is working with leaf gelatine. If you’re a vegetarian or a vegan, apologies for what follows – and frankly, gelatine is the sort of thing that makes you want to be a vegetarian or a vegan in the first place. Anyway, leaf gelatine is completely fascinating. You bring it out of the packet and it’s crinkly and thin: it’s basically like money. It’s very hard to count out the number of sheets you need for a recipe without feeling like you’re a bank teller. Anyway, once you’ve counted it out you have to bloom it. You put it in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes. Then, if you’re me, you worry that you’ve left it too long, or not long enough, or that you’ve ruined it and you don’t have enough spares and now nobody will ever eat panna cotta ever again.
But when you reach into the bowl you’re like, Wow! What happened? What happened is that the crinkly, thin leaf gelatine has turned into a wonderfully rubbery, squeezy muddle of stuff. You gently press the water out of it and then you get on making panna cotta. This leaf gelatine will transform the cereal milk – thanks, Christina Tosi! – into wonderful wobbly domes of caramely goodness. You will place a spoon on top and the surface will hold and shimmer and bounce.
- The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design October 22, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale and early adopters are not happy October 21, 2018
- Silent Hill comes to Metal Gear Survive for a limited-time Halloween event October 21, 2018
- Epic teases Halloween-themed “Fortnitemares” in a series of cryptic Fortnite tweets October 21, 2018
- Best gaming headset 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 21, 2018
- Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 server rates are a third of what they were in the beta October 21, 2018
- Dark Souls on Switch is a current-gen port with last-gen visuals October 21, 2018
- Valve pushes back Artifact beta to just nine days before release October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft to terminate online services for Just Dance 2018 on last-gen consoles October 21, 2018
- Dreadnought developer Six Foot lays off “about a third” of its staff October 21, 2018