Video Gamer Play // Inti Creates reveals 8-bit Castlevania-a-like Bloodstai...
Inti Creates reveals 8-bit Castlevania-a-like Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Brilliant developer Inti Creates has revealed Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, an 8-bit Castlevania-inspired spin-off of the upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It’s out this month on Switch, 3DS, PS4, Vita, Xbox One, and PC.
Inti Creates is an absolute master when it comes to authentically retro-styled action platformers. The team, founded by ten ex-Capcom employees over 20 years ago, already has an impressive back catalogue, including the likes of Mega Man Zero and ZX, Blaster Master Zero, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. That in itself is enough of a reason to get excited about the prospect of a classic Castlevania-inspired Inti Creates game.
What makes Curse of the Night more notable, however, is that it’s a spin-off of the upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – famed Castlevania designer Koji Igarashi’s glossily modern spiritual successor to Konami’s beloved gothic series, due out later this year. Curse’s arrival isn’t entirely unexpected, however; Ritual’s massively successful Kickstarter promised an 8-bit game as a stretch goal, and this is that project.
- Here’s a glimpse at Battlefield 5 battle royale August 18, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is having a better time of it outside Steam August 18, 2018
- A mortgage broker worked out the real world cost of a house in Skyrim August 18, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Two-Point Hospital, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Geforce 1060 and more August 18, 2018
- FIFA 19 is going big on the Spanish league August 18, 2018
- Bungie makes a new, more accessible version of the hardest weapon to get in Destiny 2 August 18, 2018
- Valve accidentally launches Steam.tv early August 18, 2018
- Video games magazines and me August 18, 2018
- H1Z1 PS4 producer on spectacular launch, balancing and what comes next August 17, 2018
- Buy Super Mario Party from the Nintendo Store, get a free lamp August 17, 2018