Video Gamer Play // Inti Creates reveals 8-bit Castlevania-a-like Bloodstai...
Inti Creates reveals 8-bit Castlevania-a-like Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Brilliant developer Inti Creates has revealed Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, an 8-bit Castlevania-inspired spin-off of the upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It’s out this month on Switch, 3DS, PS4, Vita, Xbox One, and PC.
Inti Creates is an absolute master when it comes to authentically retro-styled action platformers. The team, founded by ten ex-Capcom employees over 20 years ago, already has an impressive back catalogue, including the likes of Mega Man Zero and ZX, Blaster Master Zero, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. That in itself is enough of a reason to get excited about the prospect of a classic Castlevania-inspired Inti Creates game.
What makes Curse of the Night more notable, however, is that it’s a spin-off of the upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – famed Castlevania designer Koji Igarashi’s glossily modern spiritual successor to Konami’s beloved gothic series, due out later this year. Curse’s arrival isn’t entirely unexpected, however; Ritual’s massively successful Kickstarter promised an 8-bit game as a stretch goal, and this is that project.
- Neon Switch with Pokémon: Let’s Go or Mario Kart for under £300 January 17, 2019
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019