Video Gamer Play // Inti Creates reveals 8-bit Castlevania-a-like Bloodstai...
Inti Creates reveals 8-bit Castlevania-a-like Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Brilliant developer Inti Creates has revealed Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, an 8-bit Castlevania-inspired spin-off of the upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. It’s out this month on Switch, 3DS, PS4, Vita, Xbox One, and PC.
Inti Creates is an absolute master when it comes to authentically retro-styled action platformers. The team, founded by ten ex-Capcom employees over 20 years ago, already has an impressive back catalogue, including the likes of Mega Man Zero and ZX, Blaster Master Zero, and Mighty Gunvolt Burst. That in itself is enough of a reason to get excited about the prospect of a classic Castlevania-inspired Inti Creates game.
What makes Curse of the Night more notable, however, is that it’s a spin-off of the upcoming Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night – famed Castlevania designer Koji Igarashi’s glossily modern spiritual successor to Konami’s beloved gothic series, due out later this year. Curse’s arrival isn’t entirely unexpected, however; Ritual’s massively successful Kickstarter promised an 8-bit game as a stretch goal, and this is that project.
- Why Hideo Kojima fans reckon Death Stranding is set in Iceland May 26, 2018
- City 17 from Half-Life 2 as a city map May 26, 2018
- Microsoft stealth-releases new PC racing game Miami Street May 26, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Xbox One X bundles, Splatoon amiibo, NES Classic and more May 26, 2018
- Epic issues Fortnite scam warning as free V-Bucks videos flood YouTube May 26, 2018
- Don’t worry Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland fans, you can go to the World Cup in FIFA 18 May 26, 2018
- Samsung adds FreeSync support to select 4K TVs May 26, 2018
- DICE boss says Battlefield V’s women are here to stay May 26, 2018
- Why small choices matter when it comes to character creation in RPGs May 26, 2018
- Telltale Games delays The Wolf Among Us’ second season into 2019 May 25, 2018