Video Gamer Play // Jeff Minter’s psychedelic shooter Polybius is hea...
Jeff Minter’s psychedelic shooter Polybius is heading to PC before the end of the year
Jeff Minter’s wonderful, psychedelic (and previously PS4-exclusive) shooter Polybius will be making its way to PC soon, according to a new listing on Steam.
Polybius, which launched on PS4 last summer, is loosely inspired by the mysterious, government-created arcade game of urban legend, claimed to have appeared around Oregon in the early 80s. Polybius’ powerful psychoactive effects were said to induce amnesia, insomnia, night terrors, and more in those that dared play it.
Although Minter’s Polybius probably doesn’t have quite the same sinister qualities as its fictitious namesake, it’s hard not to suspect that its dazzling display of psychedelia and pure arcade fury might have at least some hypnotic power over your rapt brain. Especially in VR.
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019