Video Gamer Play // Jeff Minter’s psychedelic shooter Polybius is hea...
Jeff Minter’s psychedelic shooter Polybius is heading to PC before the end of the year
Jeff Minter’s wonderful, psychedelic (and previously PS4-exclusive) shooter Polybius will be making its way to PC soon, according to a new listing on Steam.
Polybius, which launched on PS4 last summer, is loosely inspired by the mysterious, government-created arcade game of urban legend, claimed to have appeared around Oregon in the early 80s. Polybius’ powerful psychoactive effects were said to induce amnesia, insomnia, night terrors, and more in those that dared play it.
Although Minter’s Polybius probably doesn’t have quite the same sinister qualities as its fictitious namesake, it’s hard not to suspect that its dazzling display of psychedelia and pure arcade fury might have at least some hypnotic power over your rapt brain. Especially in VR.
- Neon Switch with Pokémon: Let’s Go or Mario Kart for under £300 January 17, 2019
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019