Video Gamer Play // Jeff Minter’s psychedelic shooter Polybius is hea...
Jeff Minter’s psychedelic shooter Polybius is heading to PC before the end of the year
Jeff Minter’s wonderful, psychedelic (and previously PS4-exclusive) shooter Polybius will be making its way to PC soon, according to a new listing on Steam.
Polybius, which launched on PS4 last summer, is loosely inspired by the mysterious, government-created arcade game of urban legend, claimed to have appeared around Oregon in the early 80s. Polybius’ powerful psychoactive effects were said to induce amnesia, insomnia, night terrors, and more in those that dared play it.
Although Minter’s Polybius probably doesn’t have quite the same sinister qualities as its fictitious namesake, it’s hard not to suspect that its dazzling display of psychedelia and pure arcade fury might have at least some hypnotic power over your rapt brain. Especially in VR.
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018