Video Gamer Play // Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-ins...
Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game
Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid and The Witness, has shown more of his new puzzle game. It’s a game inspired by (and even, it seems, codenamed) Sokoban, the old Japanese game about pushing boxes in specific orders to cover all the marks on the floor.
Blow showed footage during his talk at Spanish conference Gamelab, which I popped along to a few weeks ago. It’s taken a little while for the videos to appear online.
In the footage, the viewer looks down into a leafy kind of compartmentalised level to see three characters and six doorless rooms. There’s one big crystal which needs moving but when you move around, blocks pop up barring the way. What to do? That’s the puzzle. Character abilities will help you out – in the video a wizard uses a kind of teleportation spell to move the crystal – and there’s an undo mechanic to keep your experimentation swift.
- Here’s a glimpse at Battlefield 5 battle royale August 18, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is having a better time of it outside Steam August 18, 2018
- A mortgage broker worked out the real world cost of a house in Skyrim August 18, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Two-Point Hospital, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Geforce 1060 and more August 18, 2018
- FIFA 19 is going big on the Spanish league August 18, 2018
- Bungie makes a new, more accessible version of the hardest weapon to get in Destiny 2 August 18, 2018
- Valve accidentally launches Steam.tv early August 18, 2018
- Video games magazines and me August 18, 2018
- H1Z1 PS4 producer on spectacular launch, balancing and what comes next August 17, 2018
- Buy Super Mario Party from the Nintendo Store, get a free lamp August 17, 2018