Video Gamer Play // Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-ins...
Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game
Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid and The Witness, has shown more of his new puzzle game. It’s a game inspired by (and even, it seems, codenamed) Sokoban, the old Japanese game about pushing boxes in specific orders to cover all the marks on the floor.
Blow showed footage during his talk at Spanish conference Gamelab, which I popped along to a few weeks ago. It’s taken a little while for the videos to appear online.
In the footage, the viewer looks down into a leafy kind of compartmentalised level to see three characters and six doorless rooms. There’s one big crystal which needs moving but when you move around, blocks pop up barring the way. What to do? That’s the puzzle. Character abilities will help you out – in the video a wizard uses a kind of teleportation spell to move the crystal – and there’s an undo mechanic to keep your experimentation swift.
- The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design October 22, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale and early adopters are not happy October 21, 2018
- Silent Hill comes to Metal Gear Survive for a limited-time Halloween event October 21, 2018
- Epic teases Halloween-themed “Fortnitemares” in a series of cryptic Fortnite tweets October 21, 2018
- Best gaming headset 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 21, 2018
- Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 server rates are a third of what they were in the beta October 21, 2018
- Dark Souls on Switch is a current-gen port with last-gen visuals October 21, 2018
- Valve pushes back Artifact beta to just nine days before release October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft to terminate online services for Just Dance 2018 on last-gen consoles October 21, 2018
- Dreadnought developer Six Foot lays off “about a third” of its staff October 21, 2018