Video Gamer Play // Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-ins...
Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game
Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid and The Witness, has shown more of his new puzzle game. It’s a game inspired by (and even, it seems, codenamed) Sokoban, the old Japanese game about pushing boxes in specific orders to cover all the marks on the floor.
Blow showed footage during his talk at Spanish conference Gamelab, which I popped along to a few weeks ago. It’s taken a little while for the videos to appear online.
In the footage, the viewer looks down into a leafy kind of compartmentalised level to see three characters and six doorless rooms. There’s one big crystal which needs moving but when you move around, blocks pop up barring the way. What to do? That’s the puzzle. Character abilities will help you out – in the video a wizard uses a kind of teleportation spell to move the crystal – and there’s an undo mechanic to keep your experimentation swift.
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019
- PlayStation 4 Pro with Spider-Man or Red Dead for £349 January 16, 2019