Video Gamer Play // Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix...
Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix Point is delayed
Julian Gollop has announced his decision to delay the release of sci-fi strategy game, and X-COM spiritual successor, Phoenix Point. It’s now expected to arrive in June 2019.
Phoenix Point is being developed by Gollop’s studio Snapshot Games – which previously released Chaos: The Battle of Wizards remake Chaos Reborn – and represents “a continuation and evolution” of the ideas seen in Gollop’s classic 1994 strategy title X-COM. Needless to say, interest around Pheonix Point has been high, and it raised $765,948 in crowdfunding when its Fig campaign launched in June last year.
Phoenix Point, which pits the vestiges of humanity against ever-evolving alien horrors – through a combination of turn-based squad combat and base building, similar to X-COM – was originally anticipated to launch at the tail-end of 2018.
- Why Hideo Kojima fans reckon Death Stranding is set in Iceland May 26, 2018
- City 17 from Half-Life 2 as a city map May 26, 2018
- Microsoft stealth-releases new PC racing game Miami Street May 26, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Xbox One X bundles, Splatoon amiibo, NES Classic and more May 26, 2018
- Epic issues Fortnite scam warning as free V-Bucks videos flood YouTube May 26, 2018
- Don’t worry Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland fans, you can go to the World Cup in FIFA 18 May 26, 2018
- Samsung adds FreeSync support to select 4K TVs May 26, 2018
- DICE boss says Battlefield V’s women are here to stay May 26, 2018
- Why small choices matter when it comes to character creation in RPGs May 26, 2018
- Telltale Games delays The Wolf Among Us’ second season into 2019 May 25, 2018