Video Gamer Play // Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix...
Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix Point is delayed
Julian Gollop has announced his decision to delay the release of sci-fi strategy game, and X-COM spiritual successor, Phoenix Point. It’s now expected to arrive in June 2019.
Phoenix Point is being developed by Gollop’s studio Snapshot Games – which previously released Chaos: The Battle of Wizards remake Chaos Reborn – and represents “a continuation and evolution” of the ideas seen in Gollop’s classic 1994 strategy title X-COM. Needless to say, interest around Pheonix Point has been high, and it raised $765,948 in crowdfunding when its Fig campaign launched in June last year.
Phoenix Point, which pits the vestiges of humanity against ever-evolving alien horrors – through a combination of turn-based squad combat and base building, similar to X-COM – was originally anticipated to launch at the tail-end of 2018.
- Neon Switch with Pokémon: Let’s Go or Mario Kart for under £300 January 17, 2019
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019