Video Gamer Play // Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix...
Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix Point is delayed
Julian Gollop has announced his decision to delay the release of sci-fi strategy game, and X-COM spiritual successor, Phoenix Point. It’s now expected to arrive in June 2019.
Phoenix Point is being developed by Gollop’s studio Snapshot Games – which previously released Chaos: The Battle of Wizards remake Chaos Reborn – and represents “a continuation and evolution” of the ideas seen in Gollop’s classic 1994 strategy title X-COM. Needless to say, interest around Pheonix Point has been high, and it raised $765,948 in crowdfunding when its Fig campaign launched in June last year.
Phoenix Point, which pits the vestiges of humanity against ever-evolving alien horrors – through a combination of turn-based squad combat and base building, similar to X-COM – was originally anticipated to launch at the tail-end of 2018.
- Warframe’s massive open-world Venus expansion, Fortuna, is out next month on PC October 19, 2018
- PUBG’s Training Mode map is now available on Xbox One via the Public Test Server October 19, 2018
- Brooding co-operative action-RPG Ashen will be out by the end of this year, says dev October 19, 2018
- Agent 47 can dress up as a sinister scarecrow in Hitman’s free Hallowe’en DLC pack October 19, 2018
- Splash Damage is ending development on its free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb October 19, 2018
- Soulcalibur 6 review – a return to form that’s not without its flaws October 19, 2018
- UK mags GamesTM and GamesMaster shut down October 19, 2018
- PUBG’s PC Event Mode has been cancelled this week due to a “critical error” October 19, 2018
- PlayStation 4 exclusive Days Gone delayed October 19, 2018
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales review – a card game with the heart of a blockbuster October 19, 2018