Video Gamer Play // Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix...
Julian Gollop’s X-COM spiritual successor Phoenix Point is delayed
Julian Gollop has announced his decision to delay the release of sci-fi strategy game, and X-COM spiritual successor, Phoenix Point. It’s now expected to arrive in June 2019.
Phoenix Point is being developed by Gollop’s studio Snapshot Games – which previously released Chaos: The Battle of Wizards remake Chaos Reborn – and represents “a continuation and evolution” of the ideas seen in Gollop’s classic 1994 strategy title X-COM. Needless to say, interest around Pheonix Point has been high, and it raised $765,948 in crowdfunding when its Fig campaign launched in June last year.
Phoenix Point, which pits the vestiges of humanity against ever-evolving alien horrors – through a combination of turn-based squad combat and base building, similar to X-COM – was originally anticipated to launch at the tail-end of 2018.
- Here’s a glimpse at Battlefield 5 battle royale August 18, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is having a better time of it outside Steam August 18, 2018
- A mortgage broker worked out the real world cost of a house in Skyrim August 18, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Two-Point Hospital, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Geforce 1060 and more August 18, 2018
- FIFA 19 is going big on the Spanish league August 18, 2018
- Bungie makes a new, more accessible version of the hardest weapon to get in Destiny 2 August 18, 2018
- Valve accidentally launches Steam.tv early August 18, 2018
- Video games magazines and me August 18, 2018
- H1Z1 PS4 producer on spectacular launch, balancing and what comes next August 17, 2018
- Buy Super Mario Party from the Nintendo Store, get a free lamp August 17, 2018