Video Gamer Play // Layers of Fear developer unveils new teaser trailer for...
Layers of Fear developer unveils new teaser trailer for next horror game Project Méliès
Bloober Team, the developer behind the wonderfully surreal haunted house horror Layers of Fear and cyberpunk spook-em-up Observer, has revealed a new teaser trailer for its latest horror title, Project Méliès.
Project Méliès was originally unveiled back in March, with an appropriately enigmatic, cinema-themed announcement trailer. It’s being published by Gun Media, and is yet another first-person horror experience from Bloober Team – but given that I’ve absolutely adored the developer’s previous dalliances with the genre, you won’t get any complaints from me.
Both Layers of Fear and Observer, while far from perfect, are rich in disorientating dream-like terror and surreal, breathlessly inventive visual set-pieces – and Bloober Team’s brief new 35-second snippet of Project Méliès suggests that the studio isn’t yet out of ideas when it comes to finding visceral new ways to unsettle its audience.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019