Video Gamer Play // Mario Tennis Aces has a day one download to unlock onli...
Mario Tennis Aces has a day one download to unlock online tournaments
Mario Tennis Aces has a day one update which changes the game’s tournament mode. It’s as much of a surprise to us as it is to you – Eurogamer was under the impression the build we played was final code, with Nintendo failing to mention any day one updates when it handed out review code.
Tournaments are a big deal for the game, as they will allow you to access forthcoming characters a month earlier than everyone else if you take part online.
The mode is now split into online and offline matches. You can play in Standard Class – a tournament with the standard rules and powers – and Simple Class, which allows you to play without the energy meter. June’s tournament is brief, obviously, while in July you play for Koopa Troopa.
- Devil May Cry 5 has microtransactions September 22, 2018
- Sunless Skies has a release date and a pen-and-paper RPG September 22, 2018
- Bethesda helps 12-year-old boy with rare cancer fulfil his wish of playing Fallout 76 September 22, 2018
- Soulcalibur 6 online beta set for next weekend September 22, 2018
- Destiny 2 Forsaken’s Dreaming City was originally very different September 22, 2018
- New Sekiro gameplay shows off stunning Corrupted Monk boss fight September 22, 2018
- How well does Call of Duty’s tech handle the battle royale challenge? September 22, 2018
- This week’s best deals: PlayStation Classic, Super Smash Bros, Frozen Synapse 2, and more September 22, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 has online multiplayer for up to three players September 22, 2018
- Capcom is bringing the Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy to Switch September 22, 2018