Video Gamer Play // Mario Tennis Aces has a day one download to unlock onli...
Mario Tennis Aces has a day one download to unlock online tournaments
Mario Tennis Aces has a day one update which changes the game’s tournament mode. It’s as much of a surprise to us as it is to you – Eurogamer was under the impression the build we played was final code, with Nintendo failing to mention any day one updates when it handed out review code.
Tournaments are a big deal for the game, as they will allow you to access forthcoming characters a month earlier than everyone else if you take part online.
The mode is now split into online and offline matches. You can play in Standard Class – a tournament with the standard rules and powers – and Simple Class, which allows you to play without the energy meter. June’s tournament is brief, obviously, while in July you play for Koopa Troopa.
- Guerrilla Games wants to release games faster July 19, 2018
- What it’s like being a low-level streamer July 19, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces update nerfs Bowser Jr. following complaints July 18, 2018
- Two Point Hospital books in a release date July 18, 2018
- “All-new Xbox hardware” to be shown at Gamescom July 18, 2018
- South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switch, months after its sequel July 18, 2018
- Octopath Traveler: a 90s-style JPRG brought to life with cutting-edge tech July 18, 2018
- The Game Accessibility Conference arrives in Paris this October July 18, 2018
- Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game July 18, 2018
- World of Warcraft and all current expansions now included in subscription July 18, 2018