Video Gamer Play // Metal Gear Solid film director shares concept art to ce...
Metal Gear Solid film director shares concept art to celebrate series’ 31st anniversary
July 13th, 2018 marks the 31st anniversary of Metal Gear’s arrival on the MSX2, and Jordan Vogt-Roberts, the director of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid movie, is celebrating the occasion by releasing 31 pieces of concept art inspired by Hideo Kojima’s beloved stealth-action series.
A Metal Gear movie was first announced by Kojima all the way back in 2006, but that project eventually stalled. A second attempt to kickstart a film adaptation was unveiled in 2012, and has been quietly ticking away ever since. Although there’s been little publicly evident progress on the movie, Vogt-Roberts (who directed 2017’s Kong: Skull Island) noted last year that Kojima is assisting in the game’s script, despite his split with Konami in 2015.
Vogt-Roberts has repeatedly confessed to being a massive fan of Metal Gear, and, promisingly, continues to demonstrate a keen understanding of Kojima’s beloved series – which was once again evident in his Tweets celebrating its 31st anniversary.
- Guerrilla Games wants to release games faster July 19, 2018
- What it’s like being a low-level streamer July 19, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces update nerfs Bowser Jr. following complaints July 18, 2018
- Two Point Hospital books in a release date July 18, 2018
- “All-new Xbox hardware” to be shown at Gamescom July 18, 2018
- South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switch, months after its sequel July 18, 2018
- Octopath Traveler: a 90s-style JPRG brought to life with cutting-edge tech July 18, 2018
- The Game Accessibility Conference arrives in Paris this October July 18, 2018
- Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game July 18, 2018
- World of Warcraft and all current expansions now included in subscription July 18, 2018