Video Gamer Play // Metal Gear Solid film director shares concept art to ce...
Metal Gear Solid film director shares concept art to celebrate series’ 31st anniversary
July 13th, 2018 marks the 31st anniversary of Metal Gear’s arrival on the MSX2, and Jordan Vogt-Roberts, the director of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid movie, is celebrating the occasion by releasing 31 pieces of concept art inspired by Hideo Kojima’s beloved stealth-action series.
A Metal Gear movie was first announced by Kojima all the way back in 2006, but that project eventually stalled. A second attempt to kickstart a film adaptation was unveiled in 2012, and has been quietly ticking away ever since. Although there’s been little publicly evident progress on the movie, Vogt-Roberts (who directed 2017’s Kong: Skull Island) noted last year that Kojima is assisting in the game’s script, despite his split with Konami in 2015.
Vogt-Roberts has repeatedly confessed to being a massive fan of Metal Gear, and, promisingly, continues to demonstrate a keen understanding of Kojima’s beloved series – which was once again evident in his Tweets celebrating its 31st anniversary.
- Legendary Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu ceases work due to illness September 20, 2018
- No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says September 20, 2018
- Nvidia DLSS analysis: how AI tech can make PC games run 40 per cent faster September 20, 2018
- PUBG for PC is getting a ranking system September 20, 2018
- FIFA 19 in-game message warns FUT players against coin distribution September 20, 2018
- If they destroy Loot Lake I will be properly upset September 20, 2018
- Frostpunk adds free story DLC the Fall of Winterhome September 20, 2018
- New Street Fighter 5 costumes may be the closest we get to a new Darkstalkers for a while September 20, 2018
- Capcom reveals Ada Wong’s new look for the Resident Evil 2 remake September 20, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5’s third playable character is V September 20, 2018