Video Gamer Play // Miyazaki shares his thoughts on much-requested Demon...
Miyazaki shares his thoughts on much-requested Demon’s Souls remake
From Software’s Hidetaka Miyazaki, the mastermind behind the likes of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and the upcoming Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, has shared his thoughts on the (oft-requested) possibility of a Demon’s Souls remake.
Demon’s Souls is, of course, the 2009 PS3 game that first introduced the world to Miyazaki’s mesmerising, and hugely influential, action-adventure template. We’re rapidly approaching its tenth anniversary on February 5th this year, and that (alongside the fact that its official servers are no longer online), would seem to make 2019 the perfect time to give Demon’s Souls the respectful remaster treatment. As Digital Foundry’s Tom Morgan argued last year.
But does its creator agree? Somewhat disappointingly, Miyazaki has now revealed to Game Informer that, even though the decision to create a Demon’s Souls remaster would ultimately lie with IP holder Sony, it’s not a project that he’d personally be interested in working on.
- Spider-Man PS4 dev reveals cool Easter egg no-one noticed April 20, 2019
- Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating April 20, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity April 20, 2019
- Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn’t reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect April 20, 2019
- Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken April 20, 2019
- Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages April 20, 2019
- The mysterious world of Las Meninas April 20, 2019
- Falcon Age and Stranger’s Wrath: animals go to war April 19, 2019
- After 11 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019
- After nearly 12 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019