Video Gamer Play // Miyazaki shares his thoughts on much-requested Demon...
Miyazaki shares his thoughts on much-requested Demon’s Souls remake
From Software’s Hidetaka Miyazaki, the mastermind behind the likes of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and the upcoming Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, has shared his thoughts on the (oft-requested) possibility of a Demon’s Souls remake.
Demon’s Souls is, of course, the 2009 PS3 game that first introduced the world to Miyazaki’s mesmerising, and hugely influential, action-adventure template. We’re rapidly approaching its tenth anniversary on February 5th this year, and that (alongside the fact that its official servers are no longer online), would seem to make 2019 the perfect time to give Demon’s Souls the respectful remaster treatment. As Digital Foundry’s Tom Morgan argued last year.
But does its creator agree? Somewhat disappointingly, Miyazaki has now revealed to Game Informer that, even though the decision to create a Demon’s Souls remaster would ultimately lie with IP holder Sony, it’s not a project that he’d personally be interested in working on.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019