Video Gamer Play // Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adv...
Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament
Cyan Worlds, the developer behind seminal puzzle adventure Myst, has launched a Kickstarter to fund development of its new VR game Firmament.
Those with decently honed memory skills might recall that Firmament was initially unveiled in March last year, whereupon it was referred to as a “new steampunk adventure”. That early reveal was accompanied by a surprisingly lengthy “teaser” trailer, suggesting that development was reasonably well underway.
Twelve months on, and Firmament has re-emerged on Kickstarter for a bout of crowdfunding, with an estimated release of July 2020 – assuming it meets its goal. And while there’s not a huge amount of new information to be gleaned beyond what was teased last year, Cyan has clarified a few points and shared some snippets of new gameplay footage to woo potential backers.
- Spider-Man PS4 dev reveals cool Easter egg no-one noticed April 20, 2019
- Epic has already banned thousands of Fortnite World Cup participants for cheating April 20, 2019
- Assassin’s Creed Unity players review-bomb Steam page with positivity April 20, 2019
- Leaked Days Gone gameplay doesn’t reveal much, but does give us a good idea of what to expect April 20, 2019
- Warner Bros. is trying to plug Mortal Kombat 11 leaks after street date is broken April 20, 2019
- Nintendo is deleting what it deems inappropriate Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stages April 20, 2019
- The mysterious world of Las Meninas April 20, 2019
- Falcon Age and Stranger’s Wrath: animals go to war April 19, 2019
- After 11 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019
- After nearly 12 years of online antics, Burnout Paradise’s servers are shutting down April 18, 2019