Video Gamer Play // Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adv...
Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament
Cyan Worlds, the developer behind seminal puzzle adventure Myst, has launched a Kickstarter to fund development of its new VR game Firmament.
Those with decently honed memory skills might recall that Firmament was initially unveiled in March last year, whereupon it was referred to as a “new steampunk adventure”. That early reveal was accompanied by a surprisingly lengthy “teaser” trailer, suggesting that development was reasonably well underway.
Twelve months on, and Firmament has re-emerged on Kickstarter for a bout of crowdfunding, with an estimated release of July 2020 – assuming it meets its goal. And while there’s not a huge amount of new information to be gleaned beyond what was teased last year, Cyan has clarified a few points and shared some snippets of new gameplay footage to woo potential backers.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019