Video Gamer Play // New Microsoft studio, The Initiative, acquires senior t...
New Microsoft studio, The Initiative, acquires senior talent from Santa Monica Studio, Rockstar and Crystal Dynamics
The head of Microsoft’s new studio, The Initiative, has taken on a wealth of new talent from a number of high profile studios, including Sony-exclusive Santa Monica Studio, Rockstar and Crystal Dynamics.
Studio head Darrell Gallagher originally made the announcement on LinkedIn, but has since deleted the post. However, ResetEra’s CrimsonEclipse was able to take a screenshot before the post was removed.
New additions to the team include God of War (2018)’s lead producer Brian Westergaard, Rockstar’s Christian Cantamessa, Daniel Neuburger from Crystal Dynamics, and Microsoft’s own senior director of portfolio planning, Blake Fischer.
- The Missing review – clumsy platformer redeemed by its stunning design October 22, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale and early adopters are not happy October 21, 2018
- Silent Hill comes to Metal Gear Survive for a limited-time Halloween event October 21, 2018
- Epic teases Halloween-themed “Fortnitemares” in a series of cryptic Fortnite tweets October 21, 2018
- Best gaming headset 2018 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC October 21, 2018
- Report: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 server rates are a third of what they were in the beta October 21, 2018
- Dark Souls on Switch is a current-gen port with last-gen visuals October 21, 2018
- Valve pushes back Artifact beta to just nine days before release October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft to terminate online services for Just Dance 2018 on last-gen consoles October 21, 2018
- Dreadnought developer Six Foot lays off “about a third” of its staff October 21, 2018