Video Gamer Play // New Microsoft studio, The Initiative, acquires senior t...
New Microsoft studio, The Initiative, acquires senior talent from Santa Monica Studio, Rockstar and Crystal Dynamics
The head of Microsoft’s new studio, The Initiative, has taken on a wealth of new talent from a number of high profile studios, including Sony-exclusive Santa Monica Studio, Rockstar and Crystal Dynamics.
Studio head Darrell Gallagher originally made the announcement on LinkedIn, but has since deleted the post. However, ResetEra’s CrimsonEclipse was able to take a screenshot before the post was removed.
New additions to the team include God of War (2018)’s lead producer Brian Westergaard, Rockstar’s Christian Cantamessa, Daniel Neuburger from Crystal Dynamics, and Microsoft’s own senior director of portfolio planning, Blake Fischer.
- The Grand Tour Game is a bad game, but an interesting vision for interactive TV January 17, 2019
- Bethesda cracks down on Fallout 76 accounts with illicit “developer room” items January 17, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout gets respawn mode for the first time January 17, 2019
- Neon green and pink Joy-Con pair down to £58 January 17, 2019
- How Blood Bowl PC fanatics are taking player-run leagues to the extreme January 17, 2019
- Westworld mobile game that Bethesda called ‘blatant Fallout Shelter rip-off’ is closing down January 16, 2019
- Excellent Souls-inspired side-scroller Salt and Sanctuary is finally coming to Xbox One January 16, 2019
- The Division 2’s private beta gets a February start-date on Xbox One, PS4, and PC January 16, 2019
- Hitman developer IO Interactive is opening a new studio in Malmö, Sweden January 16, 2019
- PlayStation 4 Pro with Spider-Man or Red Dead for £349 January 16, 2019