Video Gamer Play // Ninja-Gaiden-inspired retro platformer (with a twist!) ...
Ninja-Gaiden-inspired retro platformer (with a twist!) The Messenger comes to PS4 next week
Developer Sabotage has announced that its excellent retro platformer (with a twist!), The Messenger, will be heading to PlayStation 4 next week, on March 19th.
The Messenger, which launched on PC and Switch last year (to much enthusiastic clapping of hands and thighs), plays out something like Tecmo’s classic NES Ninja Gaiden games, complete with 8-bit-inspired visuals and some fiendishly catchy music. In practical terms, that amounts to a linear series of tightly-designed platform challenges which, while not exactly groundbreaking, are a real pleasure to navigate, thanks to The Messenger’s responsive, fluid move set. Also, it’s a very funny game!
And then, of course, there’s that twist (twist!), which is completely given away in the trailer below, so if you’d rather remain pure for whatever reason, avert your eyes.
- Destiny 2 Google Stadia players can only play with other Stadia players at launch June 17, 2019
- You can no longer catch ’em all in Pokémon Sword and Shield June 17, 2019
- Blizzard asks survey respondents if they’re aware of plans to “squish” World of Warcraft’s max cap June 16, 2019
- Shenmue 3 dev is listening to fan “concerns” about Epic Game Store exclusivity June 16, 2019
- 7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags June 15, 2019
- 17 minutes of Frontier’s promising Planet Zoo – and a snippet of poo physics June 15, 2019
- Toonstruck is currently free on GOG.com June 15, 2019
- Bethesda extends Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter pre-beta June 15, 2019
- Treyarch nerfs controversial Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLC weapon June 15, 2019
- It looks like The Last of Us 2 is set for February 2020 June 15, 2019