Video Gamer Play // Ninja-Gaiden-inspired retro platformer (with a twist!) ...
Ninja-Gaiden-inspired retro platformer (with a twist!) The Messenger comes to PS4 next week
Developer Sabotage has announced that its excellent retro platformer (with a twist!), The Messenger, will be heading to PlayStation 4 next week, on March 19th.
The Messenger, which launched on PC and Switch last year (to much enthusiastic clapping of hands and thighs), plays out something like Tecmo’s classic NES Ninja Gaiden games, complete with 8-bit-inspired visuals and some fiendishly catchy music. In practical terms, that amounts to a linear series of tightly-designed platform challenges which, while not exactly groundbreaking, are a real pleasure to navigate, thanks to The Messenger’s responsive, fluid move set. Also, it’s a very funny game!
And then, of course, there’s that twist (twist!), which is completely given away in the trailer below, so if you’d rather remain pure for whatever reason, avert your eyes.
- Myst developer Kickstarting new steampunk VR puzzle adventure Firmament March 26, 2019
- Oxenfree follow-up Afterparty, Swery’s The Good Life and more set for Xbox Game Pass March 26, 2019
- EA confirms it’s laying off around 350 employees March 26, 2019
- RPG card-battler SteamWorld Quest gets an April release date on Switch March 26, 2019
- Two new Nintendo Switch models inspired by 3DS’ split evolution, sources say March 26, 2019
- Here are some of the best PC digital deals right now March 26, 2019
- The old Star Wars: Battlefront 2 headlines Xbox Games with Gold in April March 26, 2019
- First Streets of Rage 4 gameplay trailer shows off fiery fists of fury March 26, 2019
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled includes Crash Nitro Kart tracks, arenas and PS4-exclusive skins March 26, 2019
- Journey to the Savage Planet is a deeply unfashionable game, in the best possible way March 26, 2019