Video Gamer Play // Nintendo has a new president
Nintendo has a new president
There’s a changing of the guard at Nintendo, with company president Tatsumi Kimishima retiring after two-and-half years in the job.
Kimishima, 68, has been replaced by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company board member Shuntaro Furukawa, 46.
Nintendo of Europe boss Satoru Shibata, once a regular presenter of local Nintendo Direct broadcasts, is also leaving his post as part of the reshuffle. He’s headed back to Nintendo headquarters in a more senior role.
- Guerrilla Games wants to release games faster July 19, 2018
- What it’s like being a low-level streamer July 19, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces update nerfs Bowser Jr. following complaints July 18, 2018
- Two Point Hospital books in a release date July 18, 2018
- “All-new Xbox hardware” to be shown at Gamescom July 18, 2018
- South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switch, months after its sequel July 18, 2018
- Octopath Traveler: a 90s-style JPRG brought to life with cutting-edge tech July 18, 2018
- The Game Accessibility Conference arrives in Paris this October July 18, 2018
- Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game July 18, 2018
- World of Warcraft and all current expansions now included in subscription July 18, 2018