Video Gamer Play // Nintendo has a new president
Nintendo has a new president
There’s a changing of the guard at Nintendo, with company president Tatsumi Kimishima retiring after two-and-half years in the job.
Kimishima, 68, has been replaced by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company board member Shuntaro Furukawa, 46.
Nintendo of Europe boss Satoru Shibata, once a regular presenter of local Nintendo Direct broadcasts, is also leaving his post as part of the reshuffle. He’s headed back to Nintendo headquarters in a more senior role.
- Legendary Final Fantasy composer Nobuo Uematsu ceases work due to illness September 20, 2018
- No plans for a Vita successor, Sony says September 20, 2018
- Nvidia DLSS analysis: how AI tech can make PC games run 40 per cent faster September 20, 2018
- PUBG for PC is getting a ranking system September 20, 2018
- FIFA 19 in-game message warns FUT players against coin distribution September 20, 2018
- If they destroy Loot Lake I will be properly upset September 20, 2018
- Frostpunk adds free story DLC the Fall of Winterhome September 20, 2018
- New Street Fighter 5 costumes may be the closest we get to a new Darkstalkers for a while September 20, 2018
- Capcom reveals Ada Wong’s new look for the Resident Evil 2 remake September 20, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5’s third playable character is V September 20, 2018