Video Gamer Play // Nintendo Online’s latest batch of NES games comes...
Nintendo Online’s latest batch of NES games comes to Switch next week
The next batch of NES games to come to Switch as part of Nintendo’s online subscription service will arrive next week, on December 12th.
There’s no mystery as to what’s coming, however, seeing as Nintendo announced its 2018 line-up months ago. As previously revealed, December’s offerings take the form of Wario’s Woods, Ninja Gaiden, and Adventures of Lolo.
If it’s falling block puzzlers you want, then Wario’s Woods is the game for you out of that little lot. Originally released in 1994, it offers something of a unique spin on the classic Tetris formula, by only permitting players, in the role of Toad, to interact with blocks once they’ve touched the ground. Blocks take the form of monsters and bombs, and players are required to hoist the former into the air in order to gather them into groups of a single colour. Bombs of the same colour are then used to obliterate the pesky blighters.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019