Video Gamer Play // Nintendo Switch sales smashed it over Christmas
Nintendo Switch sales smashed it over Christmas
Nintendo bossed the Christmas sales season with an impressive set of hardware and software sales – but this still wasn’t enough for the company to meet its own ambitious targets.
Switch hardware sales were up almost 20 per cent year-on-year, game sales were up 100 per cent year-on-year, and all of Nintendo’s new releases were hits.
Super Mario Party has now sold 5.3m copies, Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee notched up a combined 10m copies, while Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold a whopping 12.08m just in its first month.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019