Video Gamer Play // Nintendo to remove Native American references in Super ...
Nintendo to remove Native American references in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Nintendo has pledged it will make changes to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate after an outcry surrounding Native American character designs in the game.
The designs centre on Mr. Game & Watch, a retro-themed character from Nintendo’s old LCD game handhelds.
One of the character’s moves references Fire Attack, a 1982 cowboy game where you defended a wooden fort from screaming Native Americans who wielded burning torches and wore feathers in their hair.
- Blizzard to remove option to buy loot boxes with real money from Heroes of the Storm March 24, 2019
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds wants you to celebrate its second anniversary with this free in-game item March 24, 2019
- One more character will drop before the end of Apex Legends’ first battle pass season March 24, 2019
- Space Junkies PSVR open beta shows promise, shame about the control scheme March 24, 2019
- Is The Division 2 sending secret messages via flashing lights and Morse code? March 24, 2019
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is already Steam’s fourth most-played game March 24, 2019
- Death Stranding hits a “critical phase” as Kojima plays the game “every day” on PS4 March 24, 2019
- Uncanny games with hidden rooms March 24, 2019
- In-game tributes paid to “amazing” Minecraft server owner who died of cancer March 23, 2019
- Five months after launch, Super Mario Party finally gets its first update March 23, 2019