Video Gamer Play // Nintendo’s delightful puzzle platformer BoxBoy is...
Nintendo’s delightful puzzle platformer BoxBoy is heading to Switch in April
Nintendo’s wonderful 3DS puzzle platformer BoxBoy is making its Switch debut this April in the form of an entirely new adventure, titled BoxBoy + BoxGirl.
BoxBoy’s Switch incarnation, the fourth instalment after BoxBoy, BoxBoxBoy, and Bye-Bye BoxBoy, looks to retain the series’ delightfully inventive puzzle platforming, building on the titular character’s ability to reshape himself – to create temporary platforms, for instance, or to hook onto ledges – in all sorts of interesting ways.
This new Switch iteration offers 270 stages and introduces two-player co-op, with one participant taking on the role of BoxGirl. There’s also a bonus campaign once the first is complete, starring the rather more rectangular Qudy, known as “the tall one”.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019