Video Gamer Play // October’s PlayStation Plus games include Friday t...
October’s PlayStation Plus games include Friday the 13th and Laser League
Sony has unveiled the full list of games available as part of a PlayStation Plus subscription in October, including Friday the 13th: The Game and Laser League on PlayStation 4.
Those are two very different, but immensely enjoyable, multiplayer affairs, with Friday the 13th focussing on asymmetrical pursuit horror (with one Jason against a whole team of Crystal Camp counsellors), while Laser League delivers a brash arcade romp bearing at least some resemblance to classic 80s movie Tron.
In Laser League, teams charge around a small arena, scrambling to activate nodes and unleash walls of light. Walls take on the colour of the triggering team and will immediately fell opposing team members that collide with them. Once an entire team is down and no-one can be revived, the other side wins. And so begins a frantic tug-of-war-style skirmish, made all the more chaotic through carefully judged power-ups and a class system that brings further nuance.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered on Switch lacks most of the remastering work May 25, 2019
- Square Enix announces PS4 and Nintendo Switch remake of the PSP remake of the original Star Ocean May 25, 2019
- Ambitious Morrowind complete overhaul mod issues beefy update May 25, 2019
- As Battle.net removes Activision credit for Destiny 2, Bungie indicates it’ll soon discuss the “new era” May 25, 2019
- It looks like new Darksiders and Destroy All Humans games are set for E3 May 25, 2019
- Microsoft will soon release a purple Fortnite Xbox One S, new leak reveals May 25, 2019
- Bloodborne mod lets you play as any enemy – and Sekiro’s next May 25, 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11 pros are showing maximum disrespect with Mercy during the game’s first big tournament May 25, 2019
- Games that ask: what are cities? May 25, 2019
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night details extensive post-launch DLC plans May 24, 2019