Video Gamer Play // October’s PlayStation Plus games include Friday t...
October’s PlayStation Plus games include Friday the 13th and Laser League
Sony has unveiled the full list of games available as part of a PlayStation Plus subscription in October, including Friday the 13th: The Game and Laser League on PlayStation 4.
Those are two very different, but immensely enjoyable, multiplayer affairs, with Friday the 13th focussing on asymmetrical pursuit horror (with one Jason against a whole team of Crystal Camp counsellors), while Laser League delivers a brash arcade romp bearing at least some resemblance to classic 80s movie Tron.
In Laser League, teams charge around a small arena, scrambling to activate nodes and unleash walls of light. Walls take on the colour of the triggering team and will immediately fell opposing team members that collide with them. Once an entire team is down and no-one can be revived, the other side wins. And so begins a frantic tug-of-war-style skirmish, made all the more chaotic through carefully judged power-ups and a class system that brings further nuance.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019