Video Gamer Play // October’s PlayStation Plus games include Friday t...
October’s PlayStation Plus games include Friday the 13th and Laser League
Sony has unveiled the full list of games available as part of a PlayStation Plus subscription in October, including Friday the 13th: The Game and Laser League on PlayStation 4.
Those are two very different, but immensely enjoyable, multiplayer affairs, with Friday the 13th focussing on asymmetrical pursuit horror (with one Jason against a whole team of Crystal Camp counsellors), while Laser League delivers a brash arcade romp bearing at least some resemblance to classic 80s movie Tron.
In Laser League, teams charge around a small arena, scrambling to activate nodes and unleash walls of light. Walls take on the colour of the triggering team and will immediately fell opposing team members that collide with them. Once an entire team is down and no-one can be revived, the other side wins. And so begins a frantic tug-of-war-style skirmish, made all the more chaotic through carefully judged power-ups and a class system that brings further nuance.
- After all these years, World of Warcraft adds a potion to understand your enemy with December 17, 2018
- Someone is using My PS4 Life videos to work out player counts for loads of games December 17, 2018
- Fallout 76 players say the Atom shop prices are getting out of hand December 17, 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate glitch shows you should be careful what you wish for December 17, 2018
- Xbox One S with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Battlefield 5 for under £200 December 17, 2018
- Pillars of Eternity 2 will still come to consoles, including Switch, in 2019 December 17, 2018
- You can get a free PC copy of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey via Google’s Project Stream December 17, 2018
- Arc System Works is making a Granblue Fantasy fighting game December 17, 2018
- Street Fighter 5’s new DLC character Kage is basically Evil Ryu with a twist December 17, 2018
- Mutant Year Zero’s misfits are some of 2018’s best characters December 17, 2018