Video Gamer Play // Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is coming to Switch
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is coming to Switch
Oddworld Inhabitants has just announced that Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is coming to Nintendo Switch. While there’s no release date yet, the studio also announced that the game will be playable at next week’s EGX in Birmingham. (EGX is a gaming show run by Eurogamer’s parent company.)
Stranger’s Wrath was first released in 2005, which means I’m terribly old. It was a departure for the series in that it ditched puzzle-platforming in favour of a Halo-like shooter design. And it was a departure for Halo-like shooter design because the story wasn’t bobbins. Rather, it’s one of the most emotionally rich and memorable narratives I think I’ve ever encountered in a game. It has actual twists! And you care about them because the characters are good! Also, your ammo comes in the form of funny little critters you pick up around the place. It’s pretty much a total banger.
Stranger’s Wrath was remastered beautifully for PS3 a while back and also landed on iOS and Android and Ouya. There was also a Wii U version in the works for a while lol.
- Fortnite’s controversial glider re-deploy feature is being removed from all default game modes November 13, 2018
- Fran Bow dev’s deliciously sinister narrative adventure Little Misfortune gets first trailer November 13, 2018
- Dreamfall dev reveals new trailer for long-awaited psychological mystery Draugen November 13, 2018
- Beautiful underwater adventure Abzû is heading to Switch this month November 13, 2018
- Hitman 2 is a stunningly detailed game with some cool tech features November 13, 2018
- Official portable Nintendo Switch charger currently half-price November 13, 2018
- PUBG hits PS4 with Nathan Drake and Ellie items November 13, 2018
- Man finds Steam key-generating bug, Valve gives him £15,000 November 13, 2018
- Next Week’s Spider-Man DLC has a new trailer November 13, 2018
- Fallout 76 is live early November 13, 2018