Video Gamer Play // Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is coming to Switch
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is coming to Switch
Oddworld Inhabitants has just announced that Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath is coming to Nintendo Switch. While there’s no release date yet, the studio also announced that the game will be playable at next week’s EGX in Birmingham. (EGX is a gaming show run by Eurogamer’s parent company.)
Stranger’s Wrath was first released in 2005, which means I’m terribly old. It was a departure for the series in that it ditched puzzle-platforming in favour of a Halo-like shooter design. And it was a departure for Halo-like shooter design because the story wasn’t bobbins. Rather, it’s one of the most emotionally rich and memorable narratives I think I’ve ever encountered in a game. It has actual twists! And you care about them because the characters are good! Also, your ammo comes in the form of funny little critters you pick up around the place. It’s pretty much a total banger.
Stranger’s Wrath was remastered beautifully for PS3 a while back and also landed on iOS and Android and Ouya. There was also a Wii U version in the works for a while lol.
- Forget the cube, Fortnite fans are now pondering a mysterious floating sphere January 15, 2019
- Pioneer, the space exploration game teased in Watch Dogs 2, is reportedly dead January 15, 2019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s battle royale mode Blackout is getting a seven-day free trial January 15, 2019
- Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite City of Brass is coming to Switch January 15, 2019
- Just Dance is being turned into a film, for some reason January 15, 2019
- Nintendo won’t fire Russian boss after investigation into workplace conduct January 15, 2019
- Fortnite’s being sued again, this time by Orange Shirt Kid’s mum January 15, 2019
- Resident Evil 2 Remake takes Capcom’s RE engine to the next level January 15, 2019
- Switch deals: Bayonetta 2, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Wolfenstein 2 for under £38 January 15, 2019
- Next Pokémon Go event returns fan-favourite raid bosses January 15, 2019