Video Gamer Play // Pikachu once had another evolution, with large fangs an...
Pikachu once had another evolution, with large fangs and horns
Lovable Pikachu, the yellow and cuddly mascot of the Pokémon franchise, once had a third evolution which would evolve it into a devil-like creature with large fangs and horns.
The surprising revelation comes from Pikachu’s original illustrator Atsuko Nishida and original Pokémon design legend Ken Sugimori, who were recently interviewed by Japanese newspaper Yomiuri (translated by Siliconera).
More than 22 years after Pikachu was first designed, Nishida dropped the bombshell revelation that Pikachu’s evolution Raichu was originally set to evolve again – into the fierce-sounding Gorochu.
- Guerrilla Games wants to release games faster July 19, 2018
- What it’s like being a low-level streamer July 19, 2018
- Mario Tennis Aces update nerfs Bowser Jr. following complaints July 18, 2018
- Two Point Hospital books in a release date July 18, 2018
- “All-new Xbox hardware” to be shown at Gamescom July 18, 2018
- South Park: The Stick of Truth headed to Nintendo Switch, months after its sequel July 18, 2018
- Octopath Traveler: a 90s-style JPRG brought to life with cutting-edge tech July 18, 2018
- The Game Accessibility Conference arrives in Paris this October July 18, 2018
- Jonathan Blow shows more footage of his new Sokoban-inspired game July 18, 2018
- World of Warcraft and all current expansions now included in subscription July 18, 2018