Video Gamer Play // Pikachu once had another evolution, with large fangs an...
Pikachu once had another evolution, with large fangs and horns
Lovable Pikachu, the yellow and cuddly mascot of the Pokémon franchise, once had a third evolution which would evolve it into a devil-like creature with large fangs and horns.
The surprising revelation comes from Pikachu’s original illustrator Atsuko Nishida and original Pokémon design legend Ken Sugimori, who were recently interviewed by Japanese newspaper Yomiuri (translated by Siliconera).
More than 22 years after Pikachu was first designed, Nishida dropped the bombshell revelation that Pikachu’s evolution Raichu was originally set to evolve again – into the fierce-sounding Gorochu.
- Why Hideo Kojima fans reckon Death Stranding is set in Iceland May 26, 2018
- City 17 from Half-Life 2 as a city map May 26, 2018
- Microsoft stealth-releases new PC racing game Miami Street May 26, 2018
- This week’s best deals: Xbox One X bundles, Splatoon amiibo, NES Classic and more May 26, 2018
- Epic issues Fortnite scam warning as free V-Bucks videos flood YouTube May 26, 2018
- Don’t worry Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland fans, you can go to the World Cup in FIFA 18 May 26, 2018
- Samsung adds FreeSync support to select 4K TVs May 26, 2018
- DICE boss says Battlefield V’s women are here to stay May 26, 2018
- Why small choices matter when it comes to character creation in RPGs May 26, 2018
- Telltale Games delays The Wolf Among Us’ second season into 2019 May 25, 2018