Video Gamer Play // Platinum Games reveals futuristic crime-fighting action...
Platinum Games reveals futuristic crime-fighting action adventure Astral Chain
Nintendo has unveiled Astral Chain, a new Platinum-Games-developed futuristic action romp that’s heading exclusively to Switch on August 30th this year.
Astral Chain is being directed by Takahisa Taura, senior game designer on Nier: Automata, with Platinum’s Hideo Kamiya acting in a supervisory role. It centres around a police special forces unit, and their “humanoid special weapon” known as Legion, who work to protect a strikingly designed “multi-cultural futuristic city”.
You can get brief taste of Astral Chain, which blends exploration and action-heavy combat, as well as Masakazu Katsura’s characters designs, in the reveal trailer below.
- This Amnesia mod offers a new tale without the “chases, scares, or mind-bending monster encounters” February 17, 2019
- Tech Interview: Metro Exodus, ray tracing and the 4A Engine’s open world upgrades February 17, 2019
- Final Fantasy 15’s Regalia vehicle is coming to Forza Horizon. Again February 17, 2019
- Despite a promising demo, PSVR adventure game Eden Tomorrow ends up disappointing February 17, 2019
- A Final Fantasy 14 float is joining this year’s Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras February 17, 2019
- Here’s when you can swing Negan’s baseball bat, Lucille, in Tekken 7 February 17, 2019
- The past, present and future of OlliOlli February 17, 2019
- Respawn has already banned over 16,000 Apex Legends cheaters February 16, 2019
- FIFA 19 has a new cover – and Cristiano Ronaldo isn’t on it February 16, 2019
- Metro Exodus: a vision for the future of graphics technology February 16, 2019